Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
3-2 Galatasaray over Real Madrid. Madrid was leading 2-0 at the half, but Galatasaray answered back with 3 goals in the second half to win the first leg.

I was going crazy.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
1998/1999 FA Cup Semi-Final replay.
Manchester Utd vs Arsenal.
Schmeichel (spelling?) made so many spectacular saves.
and the Ryan Giggs goal was..... indescribable..

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Last season, Barcelona 3-3 Villarreal at Nou Camp.

It wasn't a particularly great match, but the experience of live European soccer was amazing. And seeing Puyol lift the Cup and the return of Henrik Larsson made it an amazing night.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
joshed_up said:
1998/1999 FA Cup Semi-Final replay.
Manchester Utd vs Arsenal.
Schmeichel (spelling?) made so many spectacular saves.
and the Ryan Giggs goal was..... indescribable..

Was that the one where Schmeichel stopped the penalty kick? Schmeichel was a ****ing beast.

For me though, that Liverpool-AC Milan champions league final was indescribeable. I wanted Liverpool to beat AC Milan so badly, and to come back in such dramatic fashion, was pure magic. I mean, at halftime they were talking about how it was a given, the game was over, I think they did an ESPN poll about Liverpool's chances to come back, and like nobody voted for them. Just an electric game.

I was also really into the second half of the Chelsea-ManU game, it's not really a candidate I guess, but the way ManU was clinging on by the skin of their teeth, just turning back chance after chance of Chelsea, was kind of reminscent of the ManU game I think that I remember, where Schmeichel stopped the PK, except stretched over an entire half. Alan Smith's tackling was amazing. Paul Scholes tackling was nerve racking. My nerves have been shot all week.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Real Madrid at Old Trafford against Man Utd in Champions League, is one of the best in history.

It ended up 4-3 in Man Utd favor, but Ronaldo did leave a remarkable mark at Old Trafford, scoring a hatrick and gettin a big standing ovation from Man Utd supporters...Thats history right there folks. :biggrin:

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
futuristxen said:
For me though, that Liverpool-AC Milan champions league final was indescribeable. I wanted Liverpool to beat AC Milan so badly, and to come back in such dramatic fashion, was pure magic. I mean, at halftime they were talking about how it was a given, the game was over, I think they did an ESPN poll about Liverpool's chances to come back, and like nobody voted for them. Just an electric game.
Yeah, that game was incredible.

The worst game ever was the CL Final between Manchester United and Bayern.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
futuristxen said:
Was that the one where Schmeichel stopped the penalty kick? Schmeichel was a ****ing beast.
yeah. Bergkamp's penalty

·
Registered
312 Posts
World Cup in France 1998, quarter finals; Holland - Argentina, score is 1-1, 89th minute:

Frank de Boer with a perfect pass over 100 metres, reaches Bergkamp, Bergkamp puts it dead on his feet, cuts, and scores upper corner. One of the nicest goals he's scored, and believe me he's scored a few beauties.

Completed the best game I've ever seen. It had it all, excitement, drama, red carts, tackles, nice goals, etc.

Individually though, try to watch "Quincy-Owusu-Abeyie vs Japan". It's an under 21 torunament game of Holland against Japan and Quincy is simply a phenomenal and rare talent. I recommend anyone downloading those highlights. Just search via google or downloading tools.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hmm it's hard to pick one...If I only take a look on Euros and WCs:
I think that game on Euro 2000... Italy : Holland and later penalties. I was going mad. Or France: Paraguay on WC 98.

·
Registered
312 Posts
sadam said:
I think that game on Euro 2000... Italy : Holland and later penalties. I was going mad.
Man that was a horrible game. I believe ball possesion was 70 to 30 in favor of Holland. Hollad missed two penalties in regulation and ended up losing on penalties. Italy didn't deserve to go through..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Liverpool - Alaves 5:4
one of the craziest games ever (Liver's winning goal was own goal)

CSKA Sofia - Blackburn Rovers 3:3
CSKA was down by 3 at halftime but in second half we pummeled Blackburn

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
I'm surprised no one has mentionned the game where Rooney had his first goal in the premiership, which ended Arsenal's 31 match unbeaten run.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
I'm surprised no one has mentionned the game where Rooney had his first goal in the premiership, which ended Arsenal's 31 match unbeaten run.
i prefered last season's Manchester Utd win 4-2 over Arsenal. that was just awesome.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Holland 2 : 1 Yugoslavia- World cup '98 (Davids 93 min.)
probably the best game I've ever seen

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Admiral said:
Man that was a horrible game. I believe ball possesion was 70 to 30 in favor of Holland. Hollad missed two penalties in regulation and ended up losing on penalties. Italy didn't deserve to go through..
well, neither did holland, missing 5 out of 6 penalties... zambrotta's harsh dismissal after ~½ hour probably had something to do with the possession percentages...

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
alexander said:
Holland 2 : 1 Yugoslavia- World cup '98 (Davids 93 min.)
probably the best game I've ever seen
How about the game where Holland owned Yugoslavia 2 years later? I think it was 5-1 or something like that. Kluivert had 3 or 4 goals in that game if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
How about the game where Holland owned Yugoslavia 2 years later? I think it was 5-1 or something like that. Kluivert had 3 or 4 goals in that game if I'm not mistaken.
Nice game indeed. Finished 6-1.. I believe Kluivert had indeed 4, Overmars and de Boer had the others.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Although I'm not a Man United fan, I remember when they were losing to the Spurs like three seasons ago. It was 3-0 for the Spurs at half time, but Man United scored 5 goals in the second half to win 5-3 and grabbed all three points.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Although I'm not a Man United fan, I remember when they were losing to the Spurs like three seasons ago. It was 3-0 for the Spurs at half time, but Man United scored 5 goals in the second half to win 5-3 and grabbed all three points.
arsenal-middlesboro last season was pretty good too... arsenal took 1-0 lead after about 20 minutes, but then 'boro scored three times before the half. it was in the beginning of the season when arsenal was dominating, so almost everybody at the bar were pretty baffled, with few boro fans celebrating. in the second half arsenal came back, and they were still showing replay of 3-3 goal when reyes struck the ball to the top corner for 4-3... arsenal ended up winning 5-3. that was fun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts