Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Best Sweet 16 Game?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Villanova and BC seems to be the best matchup. Alot of people picked one of these 2 teams to go to the final four, this will ruin a few brackets (including mine if BC loses).

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
I voted for Duke-LSU for obvious reasons.

Also the bigs in the Gtown-UF matchup are going to be awesome...

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,560 Posts
wichita state vs GM. Mostly b/c I follow WSU a lot next to Kansas

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
I think it's Nova/BC and I also love the Matchup between Florida and Georgetown. That's the region I want to watch the most, with Bradley/Memphis next (for obvious reasons).

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For some reason I voted Nova-BC. Think about this... BC's guards are going to have to play out of their mind to keep up with Nova's four guards. On the other hand, Nova is gonna have to triple team Smith, otherwise he may get 35, 18-20 of which will come off offensive rebounds. I haven't watched much Nova basketball. 1st, who's going to guard Smith? 2nd, then who's going to guard Dudley?

Now, don't misunderstand me. BC's got their hands full, and I wouldn't be surpirsed to see a 10pt win by the Wildcats. But.... I did pick BC after all. And, they're from the ACC, so I'll be rooting for the Eagles.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
TM said:
For some reason I voted Nova-BC. Think about this... BC's guards are going to have to play out of their mind to keep up with Nova's four guards. On the other hand, Nova is gonna have to triple team Smith, otherwise he may get 35, 18-20 of which will come off offensive rebounds. I haven't watched much Nova basketball. 1st, who's going to guard Smith? 2nd, then who's going to guard Dudley?

Now, don't misunderstand me. BC's got their hands full, and I wouldn't be surpirsed to see a 10pt win by the Wildcats. But.... I did pick BC after all. And, they're from the ACC, so I'll be rooting for the Eagles.
This is what makes it a great matchup and was one of the reasons I picked both teams in 5 different brackets. Cause I have no clue who will win this one. I guess this one comes down to who you think is the better coach. I think Al Skinner is due for a big win.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
I hope that Nova isn't able to guard BC's frontline,but their guards against Nova's guards is an even bigger mismatch.It seems to me that Smith and Dudley should go wild,but Nova has beaten lots of teams with quality bigs already.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,758 Posts
The Horford/Noah vs Hibbert/Green matchup is just awesome...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I voted Wash/UConn I think this will be a very good game back and forth and prolly come down to one or two possesions late in the game. UCONN will have to play up to their potential and not at the level they have the past 2 games if they want to win this one

But really i am excited to a watch a lot of games Memphis/Bradley i really like Bradleys ballclub and that is why i picked them to go this far. Although i hope it doesnt happen, bc it would screw me over in my bracket, but i wouldnt mind Bradley winning and if it is close at the end i will prolly root for them and I also think the Gtown/Florida game is going to be a hell of a game to watch Florida is playing a hell of a lot better then i expected them to in this tourny but still go G-Town!!!

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
My order of importance.

Duke-LSU: Picked LSU.

Nova-BC: Great game.

WVU-Texas: I think this will be close, unless WV is ice cold.

Gonzaga-UCLA: The two best west coast teams.

Georgetown-Florida: I picked Florida to win it all because I wanted to go with an upset, but I think they'll win this so I put this low.

UConn-Washington: Should be an alright game, but UConn should dominate.

Memphis-Bradley: Picked Memphis to be in the finals, but they should beat Bradley. Memphis should neutralize Bradley with their athleticism....That didn't happen against Kansas, but Memphis is much better than Kansas.

George Mason-Wichita State: Should be a good game, but I don't feel either will make it past the Elite Eight.

Buuuuut, I completely forgot the name of the topic and it was Best MATCHUP...

So I'll still have LSU-Duke at the top with Gonzaga-UCLA and George Mason-Wichita State behind them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.