Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering who everyone thought would be the best team in a couple of years would be.

I think personally that the two best teams potential wise would be the Rockets and the Bulls.

With maybe the Pacers also.

Anything is possible, but you could see the Rockets and the Bulls in the finals in a couple of years.

I also think that Sacramento will be good for a while also.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Best team will be whichever team has Tim Duncan in 3-4 years.

Then maybe the Kings, Lakers, Houston, and Clippers if they keep their players(but I don't think so)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
this question is impossible because by the time teams build around their franchise player and get a good nucleus then the franchise player is up for max money and someone else will give it to him who are currently in the same position that the talented team was when they signed that same guy. in a league of overpaid players this is impossible to predict....

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Basicly it's about who maxing out on stars, if you max out on real stars you succeed.

If you spend your max on overrated players who can only score 17 + pts on crappy teams then you probably won't be in the title hunt.

If you do it right, you can still have a dynasty

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
only if you max out on shaq oneil

·
Registered
388 Posts
I would think the Orlando Magic or the Sacremento Kings. :cool:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
a couple of years would be 2,right?in that case i say san antonio.if you are talking 3 or 4 then it may be dallas.if you are talking 5+ i say the best would be;chicago,golden state maybe houston.

·
Registered
225 Posts
2,3,and even 4 years, the safe money would be on S.A. They are in excellent salaray cap position right now, I believe good enough to sign Duncan AND another max player.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Teams of the Future...

1) Houston
2) Clippers
3) Bulls
4) Pacers
5) Grizzlies

Possible Variance Factors...

1) If Duncan goes to, say, Orlando...
2) If Vince Carter gets a Pippen-type...
3) If LeBron James goes to, say, the Suns..
4) If Kidd goes to, say, Boston..
5) If Shaq gets a second wind and is still playing at full force.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Either Sac, Mavs, or Spurs. The pacers have a pretty good chance too, if they can keep their players for that long.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Geez when I posted this thread I didint think I would get such varied anwsers.

I guess that everyone has an idea of what the nba will be like in a couple years.

But whoever said it would take Houston 5 years to become good is not looking at that team and the players that they have. There is no way that it will take 5 years for them to become good.

But they should still be good then and really good for a while after that... LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts