Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we will face either the Wiz or Pacers in the first round (hopefully we'll have the home court).

Which one do you think we'll have an edge on.

The Wizards have no one who match with Bron but then we have no one who can keep up with Arenas. Z theoritically should have a big edge but Haywood is the kind of center who can take the Big man off his game and Gooden has a tough time against Jamison.

The Pacers don't have the ultra quick PG that causes us problems but there coach knows how to control the tempo against us and they have the players to matchup with Lebron even w/o Artest (Jackson and Granger)

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
As long as Larry Hughes returns, gets a few games under his belt before the playoffs begin and develops good chemistry with his teammates, I'd rather face the Wizards. The Pacers have more playoff experience than the Wizards, plus the Pacers are a more physical team (O'Neal, Jackson, and so forth).

Reactions: Morongk22

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yeah i would say it would be better for us to face the Wizards on the fact that it is a toss up on who has a better froncourt and with a healthy Hughes it will be a little easier to slow down Arenas. The pacers with O'Neal and Peja will be a scary team to play in the playoffs. They have both been their before and know how to win, unlike the key players on our team. Either way its gonna ba a tough match up hopefully we can get homecourt.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Either team stands a good chance of beating us. But if we get Hughes back, I want the Wizards. Larry can guard Arenas somewhat. And the drama of being able to eliminate his old team would be too great a chance to pass up. Plus we didn't have Flip the last time we played them. That's another 20 point scorer for the Wiz to keep track of.

It would be a really fun series to watch that's for sure.

·
Maybe Next Year....
10,213 Posts
Again I just don't think we matchup well with Washington. They aren't the same team we trounced with Larry early in the year. Butler is starting now and in his groove, Daniels is playing much better, Jamison is shooting like 50% from the 3pt line, and obviously Arenas....I think they are much better than their record indicates.

Also I think assuming that Larry will return to form (and be in the type of playing shape he would need to be in to guard Arenas) is not guaranteed. I can just picture Arenas blowing up our defense off the dribble...uggh.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Washington is just another NJ to me. We have had difficulty with every team that has 3 guys that can score. With Hughes we don't have this problem but right now, we just don't have enough scoring and therefore have problems unless we can keep their scoring under 100. That is why I think we have a good chance against Washington if Hughes comes back.

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If we get to face the Pistons (a big if), then that will be a war. Even if the Cavs get swept those games will be physical

Reactions: Morongk22
2,289 Posts
Benedict_Boozer said:
Again I just don't think we matchup well with Washington. They aren't the same team we trounced with Larry early in the year. Butler is starting now and in his groove, Daniels is playing much better, Jamison is shooting like 50% from the 3pt line, and obviously Arenas....I think they are much better than their record indicates.

Also I think assuming that Larry will return to form (and be in the type of playing shape he would need to be in to guard Arenas) is not guaranteed. I can just picture Arenas blowing up our defense off the dribble...uggh.
Even If we dont match up well against the Wizards, the last time we played the Pacers they didnt have Peja/JO/Tinsley I do believe. I just think they are a well oiled machine now, they know the playoffs and they know how to win. I cant say I'd want too Peja-Sjax-Jo-Tinsley. They are just way too tough, and they would have been the team to beat last year if it wasnt for the suspension. And again this year if it wasnt for Artest and a Injured JO. And yet they still have held onto the number 5 spot.

I think people forget how tough these Pacers really are. If healthy they could have been this and last years Heat/Pistons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.