• Bruce Bowen

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Player
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just thinking about this the other day...both of them were billed as guys who could contain the best SG in the league at the time...whom do you think has better defense?

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Besides being a vastly superior all around player (passer, shooter, scorer), Dumars was probably a better defender too. Not a huge difference between the two. I’d say Bowen was faster and better at moving his feet, while Dumars was stronger and smarter.

Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
Joe Dumars, because he played in the past and in the past, everyone was better.
:laugh:

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!
Besides being a vastly superior all around player (passer, shooter, scorer), Dumars was probably a better defender too. Not a huge difference between the two. I’d say Bowen was faster and better at moving his feet, while Dumars was stronger and smarter.

:laugh:
i'd say dumars was faster and better at moving his feet. he was more of a 1/2, bowen more of a 2/3.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Dumars. He was stronger, quicker, smarter, and more physical. Bowen is a very good defender but his job has been made infinitely easier by having guys like Duncan and Robinson behind him. He wouldn't be nearly as effective on an island by himself.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!
Dumars. He was stronger, quicker, smarter, and more physical. Bowen is a very good defender but his job has been made infinitely easier by having guys like Duncan and Robinson behind him. He wouldn't be nearly as effective on an island by himself.
dumars wasn't exactly on an island by himself either. he was a very good defender, but he there were better, imo. this one's pretty close, with neither being dominant defensively, but both being amongst the best at their positions.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!

Don't get me wrong. The Pistons had some great defenders as well. They just didn't have Robinson and Duncan. Two seven footers who can intimidate the hell out of you and swat everything in sight.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kflo</b>!

i'd say dumars was faster and better at moving his feet. he was more of a 1/2, bowen more of a 2/3.
Besides the obvious positional differences, I'd actually say Bowen was better at moving his feet. I should have said they're about equally fast, with Bowen having the quickness advantage. People underrate Bowen's speed and quickness for some reason.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn bums.

People underrate Bowen's speed and quickness for some reason.
Probably because he looks like he could have a normal life pushing the shopping carts back into the store.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts

Besides the obvious positional differences, I'd actually say Bowen was better at moving his feet. I should have said they're about equally fast, with Bowen having the quickness advantage. People underrate Bowen's speed and quickness for some reason.
i disagree here - i don't think bowen has the quickness to defend against pg's - dumars did.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kflo</b>!

i disagree here - i don't think bowen has the quickness to defend against pg's - dumars did.
At least KLFO will study something no one does.

yeah, I was wondering why Greg didnt use Bowen on Marbury defnesively rather to put him on Hardaway. Yeah, Penny did go off against whoever guard him besides. But Marbury is Suns' main guy. Why didnt Bowen play marbury?

I was waiting for some broken plays or switching situatons where Bowen was on Marbury. On a play or two, Marbury wouldnt even drive on Bowen! But it was one or two plays, we cant tell.

Sorry, I didnt pay attention to Dumars when he was playing!

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
dumars.

bowen is just a bad bad man

1 - 17 of 17 Posts