·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MJ and Hakeem or Magic and Bird?

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Well, for me this isn't even a close comparison. I place both Jordan and Olajuwon ahead of both Magic and Bird. On top of that, Olajuwon gives his pair a big man and the Olajuwon-Jordan duo has inside-outside balance. Magic and Bird, while both brilliant, duplicate a lot of each other's talents.

I'd love to have either pair, but I think Olajuwon and Jordan provide significantly more to a team, overall.

Reactions: BBB and KingHandles

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Well if I want an inside out game my vote is for George Mikan and Oscar Robertson. Give a little props to my Big East guys. (i can say that now finally)

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Minstrel said:
Well, for me this isn't even a close comparison. I place both Jordan and Olajuwon ahead of both Magic and Bird. On top of that, Olajuwon gives his pair a big man and the Olajuwon-Jordan duo has inside-outside balance. Magic and Bird, while both brilliant, duplicate a lot of each other's talents.

I'd love to have either pair, but I think Olajuwon and Jordan provide significantly more to a team, overall.
Ditto.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Easy, Dream-Jordan. No question. Bird didn't impact the game half as much as Dream did defensively. Bird's brilliant passing ability and scoring ability (especially in the clutch) doesn't make up for that rather large difference. Plus, Jordan > Magic, though that's pretty close.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I would take Jordan and Olajuwon in this case because it's always good to have a dominant inside presence as well as a dominate outside presence. Magic and Bird are both perimeter players and would not be be as effective together as an inside outside combination.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I must agree with the minds before me and say it wouldnt be much of a contest. MJ and the Dream

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'll pay Devil's avocate.

If i wanted to charge $100 per ticket for the 300 sections in my basketball games, i'd take Birdand magic.

Can you say 150 points per game?

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Minstrel said:

I agree. Someone made this exact thread probably over a year ago, and nothing has really changed in my evaluation of these guys.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
MJ and Hakeem would be like having Shaq and Kobe but on steroids kind of thing. Hakeem probably one of the greatest and best interior and perimeter player/defender center of all time..

paired with MJ who is no doubt the greatest and best perimeter player/defender of all time.

Magic and Larry have similar strengths and skills. I think they would need a pretty good team to compete with a MJ and Hakeem led team.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
It has to be MJ and Dream. You get arguably the best post player of all time to go along with the greatest perimeter player of all time. Not to mention they both played tremendous defense. I actually consider those 2 to be the top 2 players in the history of the game,so this choice is simple for me.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Definetely Jordan and Olajuwon.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
MJ and Olajuwon. If I can start my team with a great inside force and the best player of all time (arguably, I'm not trying to start a debate)....you gotta take that. And that is taking nothing away from Magic and Bird, that would be a great combo itself, just not as much as the other

1 - 16 of 16 Posts