Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really shocked as to why most don't like the hypothetical Jaric/Ely/Dooling for JC/Fizer deal? Marko Jaric is a hidden treasure. He is no superstar or anything but he would be a much better fit as starting SG than Crawford. He is bigger, stronger, better defensively, and more efficient. I really think Kirk and Marko would be a very solid backcourt to go with Tyson and Eddy. Throw in a vet SF like Eric Williams this summer with the MLE and a high draft choice(Childress,Drejer,Iguodala,etc) along with Davis,JYD, and Gill. As for Dooling we would have half of year to see how he could do as a backup PG, if it does not work out just let him walk and pick up a vet like Damon Jones from Milwaukee or someone similiar.

·
Registered
876 Posts
No way

Jaric has no star-potential. He is limited in his athleticism. He is Peja without the deadly outside shooting.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never said he had star potential. It is not necessary to have 5 stars on the floor. He is a very solid complimentary player just like Kirk is. This team is building built around 2 stars in Eddy and Tyson. Find the right role players around those 2. Jaric very well could be one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The ****ing point is if you're going to trade production you get some back.

Jamal is a big time player and you trade him for bench/role players?

What kind of backwards thinking is that?

·
Registered
876 Posts
the problem is

at this point in time, neither Eddy and Tyson are looking like the "locks-to-become" stars that we all thought they would be. Two solid backcourt players with a headcase center, an injury prone power forward, and a glut at the 3 make for the worst record in the NBA.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
So to sum up this trade. drooling, fizer, and ely will be let go when their contracts expire. So we are trading JC of jaric, who is a fine 6th or 7th man but jc is are leading scorer and a starter and we are not trading him for a bench player. If the paper clips want jc they are going to have to give us a starter in exchange who scores around 17 ppg, period.

david

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Re: the problem is

Originally posted by <b>Bulls42</b>!
at this point in time, neither Eddy and Tyson are looking like the "locks-to-become" stars that we all thought they would be. Two solid backcourt players with a headcase center, an injury prone power forward, and a glut at the 3 make for the worst record in the NBA.
a glut of 9th-man-at-best talent at the 3, no less. :rolleyes: Silly me to think Pippen/ERob would be able to give us at least mediocre production/effort from the 3. But Pippen has the knees of a 73 year old and ERob thinks practice is bad luck.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Originally posted by <b>giusd</b>!
So to sum up this trade. drooling, fizer, and ely will be let go when their contracts expire. So we are trading JC of jaric, who is a fine 6th or 7th man but jc is are leading scorer and a starter and we are not trading him for a bench player. If the paper clips want jc they are going to have to give us a starter in exchange who scores around 17 ppg, period.

david
it's rare that we all agree on anything on this board, but I think a strong concensus can agree on the above. :)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts

david

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I like Marko a lot and would love to have him on this team, but trading JC for him is giving away way too much. Unfortunately, trading Fizer for Marko wouldn't be enough. It's a dilly of a pickle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts