Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Better or Worse with out Bonzi?

• Yes, Bonzi was a good player, and helped this team win.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, Bonzi was a cancer to the team, and wasn't even that good.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • IDK! We just suck!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • theWanker's Theory (see below)

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we better off with out Bonzi? Or should i say, Was Bonzi the player that kept us from playing like we are?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Personally, I think Bonzi was a decent player, but i chose, he was a cancer to the team. I also think that we would be doing the same with him on the team anyways.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Bonzi is a rarity, what I like to call an "Amplifier."

on a good team, he's very good. doesn't complain. shoots a phenominal percentage. passes well, rebounds well, defends well. drives the baseline for monster dunks. start him or have him coming off the bench, he won't complain because he knows eventually you are going to start him. he may say a few things you wish he hadn't, but you shrug and live with it.

on a bad team, he's very bad. shoots a lousy percentage. disrupts chemistry. defends only half the time. floats to the perimeter and lofts terrible jumpers. rebounding tapers. arguments flare. statements which you once would blow off now seem yet another indicator of how rotten he is.

you can count on him being an excellent acquisition for Memphis, at least until he gets a little too comfortable. at that point, if Memphis is doing well, he'll still be great. if they do poorly, Wesley Person and a draft pick will look pretty damned nice.

can you put all that in one of your poll answers?

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
That's a pretty good answer, Wanker. I'm not sure how rare that type of player is, though, as various players on the team, over the last few years, seemed to operate like that.

The whole team seems/seemed to feed off its situation...if things were going well, the team was unbeatable. When things were going badly, they lost stunning amounts of games.

But yeah, I think Bonzi is a player like that. Very influenced by the mood and circumstances of the overall team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts