Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Bron

Votes: 34 63.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
I know Lebron has a lot of fans on here but I'll take C-Webb over him any day when it comes to passing. IF C-Webb where 6-7 he would lead the league in assists this man can just pass. Lebron to me is always looking for that spectacular pass, whilst with C-Webb its just natural

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
its really webb no question-

but lord knows how bias this board is......

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I disagree that Lebron is always looking for the spectacular pass. He generally always makes the right pass, flashy or not.

And to me, of course, this isn't even close, C-Webb is a good passer...for a big man.

Lebron is already at 19 one of the best passers in the league. He finds guys before even they know they're open. Ask Carlos Boozer about Lebron's passing. Carlos cashed in this season off of Lebron's passing.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
^Correction C-Webb is not a good passer for a big man, he is the best passer for a big man, and yes Vlade comes close but he is not touching C-Webb

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
C-Webb also can't put as much juice on his passes as Lebron. Lebron can fire a ball through traffic from the 3 point line, and it will get to his target. C-Webb can't throw it spur of the moment with that kind of velocity.

And Lebron throws a better two handed bounce pass.

When I think of current passers to compare Lebron with, it's Telfair and Kidd.

This is the first time I've ever really had to consider Webber in that equation.

I usually just lump Webber in with Sabonis, Vlade, Bill Walton, Yao, and Bird, as great passing big men. And really KG is a very good passing big man as well. So is Lamar Odom.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Not a tossup, it's Webber.

However, Lebron is still going to get better passing the rock, so he will be better over the course of his career.

He still is a guard after all. Webber is the best passing big man I have ever seen.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
People usually judge others by what they see, this last season of C-Webb was quite dismal but he still had pretty good numbers, but my point is if C-Webb can get healthy he will be able to prove to all those naysayers how good he really is

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i say its lebron, to me he is a phenominal passer, the thing that hurts james is he didnt go to college, financially he's better off but his game is lacking having played 2 or 3 years for a college coach. we see this in our you guys at the olympics, just not fundamentally that sound. best passers i have seen are magic and bird because i still am waiting for the first bad pass they ever made.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya dig

Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!
financially he's better off but his game is lacking having played 2 or 3 years for a college coach.
Dwayne Wade-3 years at Marquette.
Shawn Marion-few years in college.

This stigma that high school players can't play fundamentally sound ball is garbage, hell half the top10 players in the league came straight out of high school.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Re: ya dig

Originally posted by <b>sherako</b>!

Dwayne Wade-3 years at Marquette.
Shawn Marion-few years in college.

This stigma that high school players can't play fundamentally sound ball is garbage, hell half the top10 players in the league came straight out of high school.
Yup.:yes: :yes: Sherako, you attend the Univ. of Buffalo. Do you know who Turner Battle is? He is a stud man.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
To say nothing of the fact Lebron was already one of the more fundementally sound players on the olympic team.

All college for Lebron would have meant is 2-3 more years of bickering about how good he would be as a pro, and we would have got him older as a rookie, so he would have been a little better. But who really cares? He was good enough at 18. After 2-3 years of the NBA he'll be better than he would have been as a rookie out of college.

Damn. I was looking at Lebron and CWebb's numbers for last year--just how bad was CWebb's year last year? Lebron topped him in points, assists, and was only down 3 rebounds to him. And almost blocked as many shots per game as webb. And he actually shot better than Webber(not good for a power forward vs. guard comparison, ever, especially when Lebron isn't exactly reknowned for his shooting).

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
It's fairly difficult to compare passing among big men and guards accurately. Honestly, they have very different roles involving passing in almost all offenses. The type of passes they both make are naturely different in nature. However, one thing that I never understood is the caveat that is always attached to great passing big men. That annoying label "They are good passers, for a big man that is" is just entirely untrue. I've always been of the belief that passing is a skill that is almost entirely independent on size. Unlike ball handling or speed, passing is something that smaller players such as guards don't have a natural advantage in. Players such as Sabonis, Divac, and Webber are some of the best passers I've seen point blank; no qualifications needed. Kidd or any other great passers in the league now aren't neccessarily better than any of them in terms of passing ability. However, their passing ability is more valuable. Guards, as definition by position,simply handle the ball more and pass more than frontcourt players. They has more chances to utilize their passing to their team's advantage than big men. I just don't think that means their passing ability is better. This probably borders on heresy for most of you, but hey, it's my opinion.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
It's very difficult to compare two passers playing different positions, so I don't know if you compare them to their peers or to each other(does that make sense? The world may never know..). Just by nature of their positions, LeBron is more versatile but Webber is excellent at passing to cutters. However, LeBron has a lot of zip on his passes and throws the most accurate bounce pass outside of Jason Kidd, so he gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yyzlin</b>!
It's fairly difficult to compare passing among big men and guards accurately. Honestly, they have very different roles involving passing in almost all offenses. The type of passes they both make are naturely different in nature.
Holy crap, we said the same thing. Spooky.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts