i think that lebron is better already and will be better
i dont really like luke
but i know alot of people
especially here in la who show great appreciation for luke's passing

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Lebron.

Walton is a very good decision making passer but he can't create plays like Lebron can. Lebron's already a top 5 passer in the NBA very soon if he isn't already.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
LeBron is the much better passer. Luke is pretty good at making accurate passes to cutters and people posting up but he's not a playmaker by any means. If all LeBron had to do was stand around and pass to people like Luke does he'd do a much better job of it.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Lebron, no contest!

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I like Luke and I think he's a great fit for the passing required in the Lakers offense...however, it's really no comparison. Lebron is the better passer.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
LeBron, at times, has visions that can not be improved upon. He just needs to get them going consistency. In high school, it was like we were all watching a different game. There have been glances of this in the NBA. If he can get close to his HS level in the NBA, there will not anyone with better court vission in the history of the NBA (there is an assumption involved here). I have LeBron videos where you have to watch things twice to see what he saw. However, if LeBron doesnt improve from this year, he will not be on that upper level

As far as the skill of passing, not vision (hard to separate the two), I would say that LeBron is a bit better only because I've seen him make really tough passes right on the money on a consistent basis. Until the NBA, out of all the LeBron games I saw (20-25), I only saw him miss on TWO passes (I mean I think you guys saw the perfect no-look ally-oop at the McD's game; imagaine this every game consistently in HS). This year, I imagine jumping to the NBA from HS could affect this transition. I do love Luke Walton though. I haven't seen him nearly as much.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
[Sean Elliot] It's gotta be LeBron James, without a doubt. At the age of 19 he's putting up superstar numbers and simply put, I consider him the best player playing in the Eastern conference. If I was a GM and had to choose which player to build around, I'd choose LeBron. He can play every position on the court better than 95% of the NBA, and he's only 19. He's Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson, and Michael Jordan all wrapped into one. [/Sean Elliot]

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what does that have to do with james being a better passer?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Originally posted by <b>scj</b>!
[Sean Elliot] It's gotta be LeBron James, without a doubt. At the age of 19 he's putting up superstar numbers and simply put, I consider him the best player playing in the Eastern conference. If I was a GM and had to choose which player to build around, I'd choose LeBron. He can play every position on the court better than 95% of the NBA, and he's only 19. He's Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson, and Michael Jordan all wrapped into one. [/Sean Elliot]
So TRUE!!!

I hate this guy. I mean, yes LeBron is awesome, but that dude needs to quit hanging off LBJ's sack. (sorry MODS, but I have to vent) I mean, everybody makes fun of Ahmad Rashad because of his Jordan Jocking. But Sean Elliott is 10X worse. At least. He has already decided that LBJ is Hall of Fame, the best player in the East, and WILL be the best player IN THE LEAGUE in 3 years!!!

ESPN needs to tell him to cool it with their propoganda that they told him to do. Cause he's taking it toooooo far!!!

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL @ elliott

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>magic_bryant</b>!

So TRUE!!!

I hate this guy. I mean, yes LeBron is awesome, but that dude needs to quit hanging off LBJ's sack. (sorry MODS, but I have to vent) I mean, everybody makes fun of Ahmad Rashad because of his Jordan Jocking. But Sean Elliott is 10X worse. At least. He has already decided that LBJ is Hall of Fame, the best player in the East, and WILL be the best player IN THE LEAGUE in 3 years!!!

ESPN needs to tell him to cool it with their propoganda that they told him to do. Cause he's taking it toooooo far!!!
Sean Elliot loves everyone and everything. Seriously, he's worse than Bill Walton. Everything is pink elephants, cotton candy, and bubble gum to him.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Depends how you look it at. Walton has better vision and passing skills.

BUT, and a huge but

Lebron will attract defenders, Walton will not. This opens up more passing lanes for Lebron, so he is more able to take advantage of his passing skills then Walton. So while Walton has better passing skills, Lebron's passing skills will have a much bigger impact on a game.

Therefore - Lebron is the better passer.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
That's a very interesting point JuniorNoboa. That makes a lot of sense.

Although I disagree that Walton is a better passer than LeBron... he may have similar vision, but I think LeBron's greater strength and agility make it easier for him to make use of his vision. The ball kind of flies from his hands.

But your point about LeBron attracting the defense is great... that's why I think he'll be such an unstoppable player. When somebody has that combination of scoring ability and passing ability, it is impossible to defend him without giving something up.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I disagree with most of you, but I think that it mostly depends on what we mean with good passing.
At this stage, Walton is smarter, understands the game better and sees more thing on the floor than Lebron, and is quick enough to hit the man he wants to hit.
If you take the fundamental of passing alone, LeBron is not at that level yet, but the difference is that he can create his own shot and set up his teamates, while Walton will only use his savvy passing in the flow of the game, hitting cutters or finding the open man.

So, my conclusion is this: there are several things Walton does better as far as passing, but there things only LeBron can do beacuse of his being more of a complete player.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Luke passing is overrated. Almost any guards can hit the cutters wwith accurated passing.

Lebron is also overrated in this asspect. Some players forced to pass the ball because he couldnt score at will.

Vince Carter got his 6-8 assists after the trade on halfcourt sets, he never gets to handle the ball in transcations and be a primary ball handler. You could get at least 2-3 more cheap assists here. Just liek Alvin Williams had like 6 assists a game in the last few years, but the guy never runs the point properly.

There are guys who look for cheap assists as a swingman, but there are a few guys actually created assists when defense collapse on them crazy. Vince Carter, Iverson and Jordan in his prime at my vote.

Guys like T-mac, Pierce, and Leborn James so far are getting the cheap assists at least 2-3 a game because of the way they get to handle the ball.

Also Vince and Iverson created tons of second assists if counted, but cant say the same for the players above.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts