Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good solid win by MSU tonight and now each of the 3 will be a favor to win on Saturday and Sunday. Starting with the Illini tomorrow, I really hope they pummel Nevada.

Big10 could be featuring 3 teams in the sweet 16! 3-2 isn't bad in the 1st round.

Hey Brian34Cook, isn't it just bittersweet that good o'l JuniorNoboa's orangemen lost in the FIRST ROUND TO VERMONT?!?!?!?!?!!?! I love that, do you notice he hasn't posted since that game ended? Hahahahahahaha....I wish your Illini good luck tomorrow as I'll be heading to Oklahoma City to see us play Bucknell on Sunday. I prolly won't be able to watch the game cuz I doubt they'll have it on the radio, but I really hope that the Illini crush the doubters and that Dee gets super hot from downtown.

Go Big10.......This is why the tournament is the best sports entertainment today.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
I'm not surprised.. These 3 teams are the head of the class in the Big Ten.. I know it's wrong and everything but I'm pulling real hard for MSU (Especially them) and Wisky (Who really is becoming our rival at Illinois) to represent the conference well.. I would love nothing more to face either team in the National Championship knowing how difficult it would be to beat a team 4 times in a season and beating State another time.

By the way about Bucknell. I had Wisconsin beating Kansas as it was in the 2nd rd anyways so dont let me down guys.. I was thrilled that Self lost tonight in the first round from all the smack I've been hearing from their fans..

Beat the Bison!! Then go on and beat either NC. State or Uconn, then get in the Final Four by knocking off Florida or Carolina..

While that's going on Illinois will beat Nevada, then beat BC, then Southern Illinois/Oklahoma St. advancing to the FF..

Then while that's going on Michigan State knocks off that Catamounts, Duke, and OKlahoma advancing to the FF..

That would be so damn sweet.. Illinois, Mich St., and Wisky in the Final Four.. Ok i'll step back into reality but..

Go Badgers!!

Go Spartans!!

Go Illini!!

Go Big Ten, Let's Represent baby!!

·
Registered
855 Posts
good posts
its so wierd rooting against those teams the whole season, but then once the tourney starts, its almost like we are all in it together

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Hell yeah brothers. We all got kina lucky too with the first round upsets. Instead of Cuse and Kansas we get Bucknell and Vermont. Illinois didn't need the help, but god knows I didn't pick Wisky or MSU to make the sweet 16, now it's favored.

·
Registered
67 Posts
How is Indiana not a powerhouse? Sure, they've struggled the past two seasons. But even the Yankees miss the play-offs sometimes.

I think this talk about the Big 10 being "weak" is ridiculous. We all know how college basketball is, and how the power constantly shifts. Right now, the ACC and Big East have the power in college basketball, sure. But sometime in the not-so-distant future, the Big 10 will be on top again.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
The whole thing about the Big Ten being weak is ridiculous and somewhat true but because the ACC knocked up the B10 earlier this year in the Challenge people have looked at the Big Ten as being weak since the only notable win was Illinois over Wake, therefore ending up knocking Illinois' amazing season they had because they played in such a "poor conference"..

Basketball runs in cycles and one of these days our conference will be back on top.. I think it's just starting to take place again.. It's just a matter of time..

What time are the games today for Wisconsin and Michigan State? Anyone know?

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Hey Brian34Cook, isn't it just bittersweet that good o'l JuniorNoboa's orangemen lost in the FIRST ROUND TO VERMONT?!?!?!?!?!!?! I love that, do you notice he hasn't posted since that game ended? Hahahahahahaha....
Go ahead and make fun of the loss. I have no problem with that. I had my spoils in 2003. But the fact that you think people duck after losses, is an indication of how you might react. It is absolutely out of my character

Don't you ever accuse me of ducking posters on this board and not posting after a loss. That is absolute BS. I never hyped the Cuse at all before this torunament, and was very wary about this game - go see the American East board. I did not trash talk about the Cuse once.

The hilarity of your accusation is that it was made three hours after the game. Do you think that maybe I have a life outside of this board as well?

Let's see
7:00:10:00 - Beer and Wings watching the Cuse game
10:30: 1:00 - Friday Night Poker
1:00 : 3:00 - Went to Bar for a few hours.
3:30 : I got home, and posted on these boards.

Use the search function to verify all of this.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
The whole thing about the Big Ten being weak is ridiculous and somewhat true but because the ACC knocked up the B10 earlier this year in the Challenge people have looked at the Big Ten as being weak since the only notable win was Illinois over Wake, therefore ending up knocking Illinois' amazing season they had because they played in such a "poor conference"..

Basketball runs in cycles and one of these days our conference will be back on top.. I think it's just starting to take place again.. It's just a matter of time..

What time are the games today for Wisconsin and Michigan State? Anyone know?
The Big Ten IS weak. There's no way teams like Indiana or Minnesota would have finished close to .500 in the Big Ten five years ago. For this conference to get back to where it was, coaches need to start recruiting better, and that simply isn't happening. The talent level is down across the board, and is only going to get worse next season.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
And it doesnt help losing good coaches from the past.. The only notable Head Coach that has been around in this conference a while has been Izzo..

It would help if coaches stayed at some of the schools for more than 1 or 2 years too..

·
Registered
559 Posts
Greeting from the America East board...in defense of JuniorNoboa, he posted a bunch on our board before the Cuse/UVM game...no trash talking at all. All fair/smart posts.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JuniorNoboa said:
Go ahead and make fun of the loss. I have no problem with that. I had my spoils in 2003. But the fact that you think people duck after losses, is an indication of how you might react. It is absolutely out of my character

Don't you ever accuse me of ducking posters on this board and not posting after a loss. That is absolute BS. I never hyped the Cuse at all before this torunament, and was very wary about this game - go see the American East board. I did not trash talk about the Cuse once.

The hilarity of your accusation is that it was made three hours after the game. Do you think that maybe I have a life outside of this board as well?

Let's see
7:00:10:00 - Beer and Wings watching the Cuse game
10:30: 1:00 - Friday Night Poker
1:00 : 3:00 - Went to Bar for a few hours.
3:30 : I got home, and posted on these boards.

Use the search function to verify all of this.

Yo JN, it just seemed like you posted a message during the tournament about every hour so I gave you your three hours of leway, I'm sorry but I don't stalk you as you would prolly want me to.

I gotta life outside the boards as well, just got back from Oklahoma City to see my Badgers dance into the sweet 16, which is 2 games farther than oh yeah....Syracuse. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HoosierDaddy said:
He's a damn Wisconsin fan, there no better than Cuse. Cuse got a ****ty seed and had to play a great team.

I've given up on trying to understand what you base your posts on.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brian34Cook said:
And that so called great team just lost to State :clap:

Lol, that's the quote of the season in my book thus far.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UVM_92 said:
Greeting from the America East board...in defense of JuniorNoboa, he posted a bunch on our board before the Cuse/UVM game...no trash talking at all. All fair/smart posts.

Never accused him of talking smack to Vermont. I accuse him of always cheap shotting the Big10.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
apelman2 said:
Never accused him of talking smack to Vermont. I accuse him of always cheap shotting the Big10.
No you accused of ducking in shame because of a loss. You want to rag me for the Big Ten's success in this year's tournament go ahead - I can accept that the Big 11 has been the second best conference this postseason.

No the problem is that you take comments like:

The Big Ten was not a top four conference in the 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 regular season, and the 2002,2003, 2004 postseason as cheapshots, when they are in essence facts.

Have your fun - I'm really glad your team went SO far this year and won two more games then Syracuse. Wouldn't it be nice to actually win more then four games in a tournament. Like, oh yeah ....... The 2003 National Championship... :cheers:

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
And it doesnt help losing good coaches from the past.. The only notable Head Coach that has been around in this conference a while has been Izzo..

It would help if coaches stayed at some of the schools for more than 1 or 2 years too..
Actually I'm really happy with a lot of the coaches right now. Bruce Weber, Bo Ryan, Tom Izzo, Whoever Indiana picks to replace Mike Davis (I'd go for someone like Bruce Pearl to be honest, but if not maybe a top assistant at one of the big programs or someone who's dominated in a weaker conference and IU is still a program to attract good coaches like that), Minnesota's coach, Steve Alford. I mean, the first three are the gold standard, but I actually think in 10 years Bruce and Bo will have quite a bit of respect nationally.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts