Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The biggest cut i think was skip to my lou... also anthony johnson
richie frahm ( I thought he was gonna make it) and david webber chris's brother got the ax too..
do u think any of these guys will sign..??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i dont think webber was anything more than a gesture on the kings part.frahm can make a roster,anyone that portland cuts would get a much better look than say a cleveland.also rafer alston was a surprise because the warriors are in such need at pt guard.the thing that got my attention was of all the guys cut there was a large number who probably came out of college too early,such as omar cook and rod grizzard.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Rafer Alston

What a shocker! Everybody in here who stupidly predicted that Alston would be the starting PG in Golden State, reveal yourselves, so the rest of us can stone you!

Actually, RAINMAN, the Warriors are sort of stacked at PG, in quantity if not in quality: Gilbert Arenas, Bobby Sura, Steve Logan (when he gets signed--apparently the team likes Logan better than it likes Alston), possibly even Jiri Welsch. I never understood why Alston ended up in Golden State during the preseason in the FIRST place.

Good place for Alston to end up: DENVER. Take a look at the Nuggets' options at PG right now: Chris Whitney, Kenny Satterfield, and Junior Harrington. Harrington will almost certainly fail to make the 12-man roster, so you're looking at Whitney (more of a backup combo guard than a starter) and Satterfield (an interesting prospect but not exactly starter-material at this point in his career).

Isn't Rafer Alston more interesting than JUNIOR HARRINGTON, whoever HE is? You know?

GEORGE McCLOUD: Does this guy even make Washington's 12-man roster? I think not! Nice veteran shooter and ball-handler, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts