Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tulane will join the Big East in all sports, while East Carolina will join the league as a football-only member in 2014, sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

Tulane will make its official announcement at 2 p.m. ET, as will East Carolina at that time.

The reason the Big East opted for 13 schools in 2014 is that the league expects either Louisville or Connecticut to leave for the ACC, sources said. The Cardinals and Huskies are the favorites to replace Maryland, sources said.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...east-carolina-join-just-football-sources-said

Boise should have stayed in the MWC

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Boise and 2 others already talking about going back to MWC. There's a thread here about it.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
How long can the Big East survive as a BCS Conference?

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
They basically just adopted half of the C-USA over the last couple years.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
UConn is probably already begging the ACC to let it replace Maryland. I don't know where Louisville goes, but it doesn't really make much sense for the ACC. It is so far from all of the other schools that the travel costs would rise rather considerably for all of the sports programs. Notre Dame is supposedly bringing something to the table, but I am not really sure what Louisville can offer them. They need to replace the D.C market with something similar I suppose.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Cincinnati wants in the ACC, too.

·
Premium Member
10,865 Posts
They're just grabbing up a bunch of big markets, sprinkled in w/ a cpl mid-major football programs. Im happy for them.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Big East won't be a BCS conference within five years, if that.
It's already been reported that when the "playoff" system starts, the best team out of the Big East, CUSA, MAC, MWC, Sun Belt and any remaining Independents will get the Big East's current spot in the access bowls.

Everyone knows the Big East is a mediocre conference. It will just be official in a couple years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts