Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Antonoi Mcdyess will be namedcomeback player or most improved player of the year. There is no power foward or center in the east that can stop him and about 3 who can contain him. I see him having about 40 games with 30 points and 15 boards...

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
man..

mcdyess is a bum!! he cant do much of anything except jump.. hes highly over rated but he will help the knicks out.. but dont expect huge numbers

·
Registered
162 Posts
since when is a 20 and 10 guy in the west a bum??? but 40 games of 30 and 15???? that would be damn awesome buthe probably barely has 40, 30 and 15 games for his career, let alone in one season even if it is the east

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I think 30ppg and 15rpg is a bit much. I do see him putting up better numbers in the east since the confrence lacks alot of quality big men.

I can see McDyess putting up 22-25ppg and 12rpg.

30-15 numbers are MVP quality numbers and i dont think that McDyess is capable of those numbers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
McDyess would be this year's most improved player if he stays on the right track and remains healthy, but people consider him a superstar already. He wouldn't have improved his skills the most, but instead improved his health.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Did he tear his ACL? I'm not sure, but I don't see him putting up more than 18 and 9 or 10. He will be sharing minutes with Kurt Thomas if they find a center. If not, then he will have to play more minute and will get hurt. If he has to share with Thomas he won't get hurt, but if they pick up a center and they have Thomas coming off of the bench he won't get hurt but he won't put up more than 16 and 8.

·
Registered
72 Posts
the most improved player award is not given to players who have a "rebirth" or in laymans terms, are good, then bad, then good again. Most improved player award is given to a player who becomes better than anything they have before recieving the award...in other words go from bad/ok to good/great. Because of this there is absolutly no way mcdyess could get this award unless he becomes a whole lot better than he was pre-injury. Something that just isnt gonna happen. I mean the man relied on his jumping ability and that is what got hurt when he got an injury, hes gonna be his old self minus the hops.

·
Registered
7 Posts
IMO McDyess won't be able to put up better number than he is used to in the Knicks. NY has more scoring options (Houston, Sprewell) and like Malakian said he will have to share playing time with Kurt Thomas.
I see him putting up 15-16 ppg and 7-8 rpg.

30ppg and 15ppg is way off!!!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mj</b>!
IMO McDyess won't be able to put up better number than he is used to in the Knicks. NY has more scoring options (Houston, Sprewell) and like Malakian said he will have to share playing time with Kurt Thomas.
I see him putting up 15-16 ppg and 7-8 rpg.

30ppg and 15ppg is way off!!!
I have watched McD his whole career and I agree with this poster, 15-16 and 7-8 would be somewhere around his average with a decent point guard(as in NVE 7 JKidd).

Does he now have a point guard who is like the above mentioned 2?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dragnsmke1</b>!
Antonoi Mcdyess will be namedcomeback player or most improved player of the year. There is no power foward or center in the east that can stop him and about 3 who can contain him. I see him having about 40 games with 30 points and 15 boards...

Dyess hasn't been the same player he was 2-3 yrs ago, he's prone to injuries now, but if he even plays more than half of the season for the Knicks, that should help them out a lot, that's their only true Bigg-man, if he goes down again, so does the KNicks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts