Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hottest verse in hip hop right now by Kendrick, got the universe in a tail spin.

Big up to Kendrick Lamar. Cause your grand dad bumping Pac in the cockpit for the option of violence ...

makaveli offspring .. west coast ... king of new york ...

Hell of a song by Big Sean, Kendrick Lamar, and Jay Electronica.

Power moves only ....

Thoughts ...

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts
Hip-hop needed this verse in more ways than one.

Easily the best verse I've heard in years.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with both of you guys, the verse is kicking up dust, and bringing hip hop back to something we haven't seen in a long long time , late 90s for me .. Im loving it ...

Kendrick is the king of the game right now. I can't wait for his next album.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot of responses coming out from other artists mainly east coast artists.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This verse kicking up dust .. got every MC ear in the game paying attention..

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear more Andre 3000 in Kendrick's songs than 2Pac tho.
Do you ? I think Kendrick got his own style all together. However it's obvious how much Tupac means to K Dot. I mean he talks about Pac all the time as far as influencing him, and quite obvious when Kendrick calls himself "Makaveli Offspring" .

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Do you ? I think Kendrick got his own style all together. However it's obvious how much Tupac means to K Dot. I mean he talks about Pac all the time as far as influencing him, and quite obvious when Kendrick calls himself "Makaveli Offspring" .
Not so much on the Control verse, but on GKMC? Absolutely.

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Saw Kendrick live for the 2nd time at V Festival. Set off a distress flare when he dropped m.A.A.d city. He stopped the song, told everyone to get as mad as me, and then started it again. Best rapper in the game!

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not so much on the Control verse, but on GKMC? Absolutely.
Good point, early Outkast I can hear a lil bit. The Good Kid, M.A.A.D City record definitely stands on its own though. A great california/compton record about Kendricks up bringing, struggles, and perseverance. Platinum, powerful, and a classic record regardless of his influences.

Thought this was a cool vid though of Kendrick and Andre 3000 in the studio with Dre listening to bitch don't kill my vibe ...

Oh yeah .. they both apparently like the same kind of women ... (Erykah Badu)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts