Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Once the officials stopped butt****ing us in the first ten minutes, we ripped the Rebels to shreds. Stansbury knew he was getting thrown out of this one, but he had every reason to rip into the officials. The first ten minutes of the game featured the most biased, one-sided calls I've ever seen opening a game. We can never buy a break -- even on our home floor.

The refs needed the jaws of life to remove their heads from their butts, but a satisfying thumping over Ole Miss, nonetheless.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ole Miss's "hack-a-dawg" style also shows the weakness in their team overall and their coaching staff. It also shows a complete lack of class on their part.

You really have to wonder what the heck Harper was thinking when he decided that, down by 20 points late in the game, he should showboat and hang on the rim. Just shows how stupid Ole Miss people are.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KB21</b>!
Ole Miss's "hack-a-dawg" style also shows the weakness in their team overall and their coaching staff. It also shows a complete lack of class on their part.

You really have to wonder what the heck Harper was thinking when he decided that, down by 20 points late in the game, he should showboat and hang on the rim. Just shows how stupid Ole Miss people are.
The crowd just laughed at him for hanging on the rim, trying to be a bigshot. At least it earned him a tech, which Rod Barnes should have gotten several times during the game after Stansbury got ejected.

Everyone knows Harper plays for one of the worst basketball teams in the SEC except him, I guess. I hope he had plenty of time to look at the scoreboard while our guy was knocking down the FTs. That's like the NFL lineman (forgot the teams) who started taunting the crowd after he sacked the QB...down 35-0. Loser.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That had to be one of the funniest post-game shows ever! Jack saying, "Coach, you missed a GREAT game! You should have been there!" was just down right hilarious. And Coach talking about having to watch the game in Coach Polk's office as he smoked a cigar. Coach said he was going to tell Larry on him because it was a non-smoking building. I loved it.

But, on a serious note: Once again, I'm proud of this team. And let's not forget Coach Kirby and Coach Cunningham. They were put in a tough spot, and they stepped up and lead this team. They stood the rest of the night yelling orders to the players and helped guide them to victory. With Timmy and Branden stepping up as the seniors to lead as well. Coach Stansbury said it best. You find out more about who's a leader when they're put in a hard spot. With him being thrown out, the bad calls, and the early Ole Miss lead, this team's backs were somewhat to the wall. But they overcame it, and won going away!

Also, how about that 10,735 crowd? Biggest ever!

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MissStFan87</b>!

Also, how about that 10,735 crowd? Biggest ever!
Honestly, whenever I watch a Miss State game with 10,000 or over, it sounds A LOT louder than just barely over 10,000. It sounds more in the 15-17,000 range. Gotta credit the fans for that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UKfan4Life</b>!

Honestly, whenever I watch a Miss State game with 10,000 or over, it sounds A LOT louder than just barely over 10,000. It sounds more in the 15-17,000 range. Gotta credit the fans for that.

Have you ever been inthe HUMP UKfan? It is a small arena, but all of the seats are right on top of the action. The angle of the seats is fairly steep (though not nearly like the upperdeck in the pyramid). The ceiling is also not vaulted so it really keeps the noise in. LSU's gym is the same way, though they have an extra 5k seats. I love the Hump and for the most part our fans really help keep it loud.

Thanks for the kind words.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts