Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the Standings

The craziest thing is the middle of the pack.. Purdue lost today and Illinois won meaning Illinois moved ahead of Purdue.

Big game tonight between Michigan State (4-2, Big Ten) and Indiana (5-1, Big Ten) on ESPN at 7 CT I believe. Also that game is turn back the clock night, with throwback jerseys from 79.. Should be a fun game. I have a bday party to go to at 7 but I'm sure I'll see the end of the game at least.. Kinda hoping for a Mich State win meaning Wisconsin would be all alone in first at 5-1, Indiana and Michigan State would be 5-2, Teams bunched at 4-3..

Then Tuesday.. Illinois plays Indiana.. if Illinois can get that game, what a difference a couple games can make in the standings this year..

As of now, I would go with Wisconsin winning but anything can happen from here on out..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, I was really annoyed by OSU beating Purdue. Our league looks so bad right now. You've got Wisconsin and Indiana at the top with good conference records, and then a huge bunch of teams in the middle (at least those dirty rodents are 0-6 in conference though). The fact that so many teams have been able to beat each other worries me; Wisconsin will probably fall to someone they should easily beat. That game between Indiana and MSU should be really good too; we'll see if Indiana is for real or not. They've built up a good conference record by beating teams like OSU, Northwestern, and Minnesota, so their record is kind of deceiving. I'm obviously cheering for an MSU win so we'll be alone in first place.:grinning:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Wisoncsin is a real good team but when Indiana and Michigan state are second and third in a conference than something is wrong. they have such bad ooc records!!

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Huge Michigan fan as most people here know, but the Big Ten does not deserve more than 4 teams in the NCAA tournament. This league, dare I say it, flat out sucks this year.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Big Ten will be lucky to get four teams into the tournament the way everyone is playing now. Honestly, right now it looks to me like three is wishful thinking. We do still have half of the BT season to go, so we'll see if some teams start stepping up. Not a good year for Big Ten ball.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>madtownguy</b>!
The Big Ten will be lucky to get four teams into the tournament the way everyone is playing now. Honestly, right now it looks to me like three is wishful thinking. We do still have half of the BT season to go, so we'll see if some teams start stepping up. Not a good year for Big Ten ball.
What are your three? Just curious :)

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I see Indiana(because of their history), Michigan State(their schedule), Wisconsin, and Purdue getting in. That is about it.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>reisedogg</b>!
I see Indiana(because of their history), Michigan State(their schedule), Wisconsin, and Purdue getting in. That is about it.
Kinda figured you'd say no Illinois.. Trust me they'll be in wether they deserve to or not!

I swear this team is so talented.. But after I get so high up on em they let me down.. UGH!!!

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
If Indiana gets in because of history something is very wrong. As of right now, their profile is not good enough to get in. They need to keep winning.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
If Indiana gets in because of history something is very wrong. As of right now, their profile is not good enough to get in. They need to keep winning.
If Indiana gets in the top three in the conference they will get in trust me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!

What are your three? Just curious :)

It's hard to tell so far. Wisconsin is in for sure and I really think that Illinois and Purdue are better than their records indicate. If they both have a good run for the rest of the season, I'm sure they'll get in. MSU and Indiana do not have me convinced. MSU has such a bad OOC record, plus half the BT schedule to go yet. Indiana has built a good conference record against Northwestern, Minnesota, and Ohio State. That doesn't tell me anything about them because those teams suck. Also, their history should have nothing to do with getting into the tourney either. We'll see how they do the rest of the season. The wild card factor in this scenario is which team wins the Big Ten tourney. The automatic bid could go to whichever team gets lucky in the tourney, or actually wants to win it. The team that wins the BT tourney will have played more games than the others and then will have to jump right into the NCAA tourney four days later. For a team like Wisconsin, who will be in for sure, it might almost be an advantage not to win the Big Ten tourney and make sure the team is rested for the real deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts