Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had both of these teams doing really well this year--and they have both been ****ing awful, for various reasons.

Rick Carlisle is a good coach, but the Pacers need to try something diffrent next year.

And that hack coach of the Warriors should never be allowed near an NBA team again.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Definitely Warriors. Pacers have been devastated w/ injuries & also that whole Ron Artest fiasco.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
The Pacers have a ton of excuses.For the most part you are criticizing a team for underachieving,but that team hasn't ever been on the floor.They just played their starting lineup together for the first time this week,then O'Neal sat out again tonight because of his groin I guess.It would be really easy to understand if they were further down in the Eastern conference standing.

I don't see the warriors enough to know their story,but it seems to me that they should at least be in the mix for the playoffs.They have enough talent to win more games than they have.You can say exactly the same thing about the Jazz and some other teams.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think the injuries are everything. Even with the injuries the Pacers have more than enough talent. They play a boring style of offense. Their defense has been good. But if they opened up their offense, they have the horses to be like the Suns in the East.

And plus this is two seasons in a row for the Pacers. This team was supposed to be a contender last year and this year, and they've been nothing like it. I think that's a huge disapointment. We're talking about a team that is supposed to be on the class of the east--on the level of the Pistons. But they are not even going to have homecourt. Injuries suck--but it doesn't make the season any less a dispointment whether you've got the excuses or not.

I think it's a tossup between the two teams, because they've probably both been for various reasons, underachievers of the same clout.

As an NBA fan, BLEGH!

·
Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Honestly I would say that the Jazz have underachieved as much as anyone this year.Boozer was out most of the season,but they still had a tremendous frontline and I expected them to be in the playoffs pretty easily this season.At least I personally expected a lot more of them this season.When they drafted Deron Williams he really looked like the one thing that they really needed to be a playoff team.

Maybe Barkley has a point when he says Sloan should pack it up.I certainly don't think he's done a very good job this year.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
futuristxen said:
I had both of these teams doing really well this year--and they have both been ****ing awful, for various reasons.

Rick Carlisle is a good coach, but the Pacers need to try something diffrent next year.

And that hack coach of the Warriors should never be allowed near an NBA team again.
yea, its Rick Carlise thats holding them back

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tone wone said:
yea, its Rick Carlise thats holding them back
Offensively he is. If they played a more free flowing team oriented offence, they could blow most teams in the league out of the building. You have a lot of athletic dudes on that team, and a lot of good shooters, and 3 point guards who can run the break. And yet you are running a slow down half court offense? That's stupid.

Carlisle is a great coach, but I don't think he's a good fit for the direction the Pacers should be heading. Don't be shocked if Larry Bird fires him. And brings in a guy more like a Mike D'Antoni. I don't think Larry is all that pleased with seeing how Sarunas has been used this year after courting the guy so hard in the offseason.

I expect major shakeups in Indy this offseason. I think Tinsley is getting dealt. JO maybe too.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ninjarr said:
Hell, I wouldn't mind swapping coaches with Indiana.
Notice I said Carlisle is a good coach.

Montgomery is a straight boob.

I think even Baron Davis a player coach could have ran that team better. Chris Mullin better wise up.

Why doesn't anyone hire Paul Westphal anymore?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.