Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the kind of win that might get us back on track.....we are do for our annual run and the jazz are fading faster than the sheed trade rumors to dallas but if we keep up this play...WE CAN DO IT GUYS!!!!

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Great win, but I am waiting to see what they can follow it up with in the next game. I will enjoy this win, but I am not going to get sucked back in to thinking that all is swell in Blazerville after one win. Put a streak together and then we'll see. :yes:

·
Registered
409 Posts
An exciting win, It's great to see DA producing like he did today (maybe he's almost back to his original form). Didn't think the Blazers would win today, until i turned the TV on and noticed that there was 1 minute left in OT and the Blazers up 3.

Let's all hope that this is a momento booster and bring us up in the rankings. :yes:

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
Love the win! :yes:

But isn't this what we all said the LAST time that Portland beat the Kings? Remember, after some tough early-season losses to Utah, Seattle and Philadelphia, the Kings came into the Rose Garden and the Blazers beat them - in overtime, no less.

What the win shows me is what this team is capable of - but will they be able to keep it up? I certainly hope so, but I'm not celebrating a playoff berth quite yet.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Originally posted by <b>So Cal Blazer Fan</b>!
Love the win! :yes:

But isn't this what we all said the LAST time that Portland beat the Kings?
No-we beat them at home-this time it was on the road....

it's SOMETHING,,,

now let's stretch this thing to 4 or 5 more!!! at least!
:)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I think it is a bad thing that there is no game until Saturday. Does anyone else think that it is a momentum KILLER?

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!
I think it is a bad thing that there is no game until Saturday. Does anyone else think that it is a momentum KILLER?
:laugh:

Why am I laughing? It just caught me funny that the Blazers win one game - and, already, we refer to it as momentum.

Ahhhh, well.....it's just been that type of season, thus far.

I guess to answer your question......yeah, with such a big win as last night's was, you'd sure hate for some of the magic to wear off. For sure, Saturday's game will be tough -- against our newest division rival, no less. ;)

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!
it could be a mo killer (no pun intended) but also, it could be something good.

1: You could tell DA was coming up gimpy a couple times, as his back is obviously not 100%. Infact, I'm fairly certain he missed a couple lay-ups because of it. Particularly the one where he stole the ball and was fouled by bobby jackson.

When he made the dunk earlier in the game, you could see him wince in pain. The time off should, I'd like to hope to think maybe, help his back.

2: Had this been a loss, they would have had 3 days to let the loss set in, more mental break downs..etc etc..

3: They can work more on this one, however, 3 days could be pushing it, when it comes to their competitive juices. You can only practice against yourself so much before you start loafing again.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

1: You could tell DA was coming up gimpy a couple times, as his back is obviously not 100%. Infact, I'm fairly certain he missed a couple lay-ups because of it. Particularly the one where he stole the ball and was fouled by bobby jackson.

When he made the dunk earlier in the game, you could see him wince in pain. The time off should, I'd like to hope to think maybe, help his back.
I guess he was hurting some.....

"I still hurt, but at least it's a hurt with a win," said Anderson, a guard. "We need all the wins we can get. This is a good win, especially against a team like the Kings. It just goes to show you what you can do when you just stay together mentally at the end of the game."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts