1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I love how he feels the need to tell us that being a poor man's Chris Mihm "is not a good thing." Ya think?

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
sean may sort of does look Bison Dele: scary

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
They aren't bad, esp. for Simmons. I find him highly entertaining but not the best evaluator of talent and skill. My favorite (and one I entirely agree w/) is...

Rashad McCants: A leading candidate for the 2005 Bo Kimble/Miles Simon Award. I couldn't have been less impressed -- he's four years away from his first Slamball game.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Yeah I completely agree with the McCants comparison except some team is going to take him in the middle of the first round. I also think he's exactly right about May, it all depends on his determination and work ethic in the pros.

Oh, and incidentally, I COMPLETELY agree about Jawad Williams, this guy has just totally impressed me through out the tournament. He's big, aggressive, can rebound, runs, athletic, and he can shoot pretty well too. Some team is going to luck out if he falls to the second round.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I completely disagree with Simmons on many counts. Obviously he hates Sean May which is my first disagreement with him. Ok, Simmons we get it. You saw him jog down the court of couple of times on defense. Unless I see the coach chewing him out for that and then still see him do it I blame that more on the coach. Oh, by the way Simmons, you didn't say that he got beat by his man while jogging down the court just simply that you saw him jog back down a couple of times. Obviously he will never be able to play pro ball because he didn't sprint a couple of times. I remember that Charles Barkley was too blubbery to play pro ball as well. I guess he worked out OK.

I also disagree with his total trashing of Rashad McCants. McCants has all the ability to be successful in the Pros. He can make his own shot and he can actually shoot it very well. That is a combination which will make him successful pro.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
His Boston-bias is seeping though more and more. It was always there, but I felt he could continue to be somewhat objective. He is losing that objectivity. I like Tony Allen, Delonte West, and Al Jefferson (a solid draft by the Celts) as much as the next person, but he makes them out to be the greatest steals in NBA draft history and the next wave of superstars...

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
He called Larry O'Bannon, Charles O'Bannon. He's clueless when he comes to this stuff. More of a fan than a true judge of talent.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
MPK said:
Think these "scouting reports" are somewhat accurate?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/cowbell/blog

Sean May as Bison Dele

Marvin Williams as Luol Deng

Deron Williams as a linebacker-sized point guard

Luther Head as the college combo guard who fails in the pros

ditto for Rashad McCants
I like the Dele comparison, but I don't agree with Williams-Deng (Williams should be better). Overall, I don't think he's any more insightful than most of BBB.net.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I love TSG to death, so I may be biased, but I don't see how he's any more right or wrong than most of the "experts" out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts