Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While listening to one of the games that Bill Walton was announcing, I happened to hear him say something that caught my attention. He says that this is the year for the Bulls to make a playoff run, he continued to say that this year they have the right players, coach, and chemistry. I starting laughing at this statement from Bill Walton. The Bulls are a team that is still developing and has a ton of potential. They aren't trading and signing a bunch of veterans and preparing for a playoff run. Walton is a horrible announcer and makes the Bulls sound bad.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
How does he make the bulls sound bad? His opinion. Right or wrong its his thoughts. He said we would be playing for a playoff spot. Had nice things to say about the players, the coach. I know that goes against what has been normal for people to say up until this year. I do not think we will make the playoffs. But I never thought before the beginning of last year that New Jersy would go to the finals either! Or that Detroit would be a playoff team!!

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He makes the Bulls sound bad because the Bulls start losing games and aren't in playoff contention and it sounds like they haven't lived up to their potential. I see Chicago going from 21 and 61 to winning over 30 games and that is a major improvement for them. Now if they can do that, the Bulls have still done good, not bad, but Walton's comments make the Bulls sound bad by that.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
walten usually does make me crack up too, but he may not have been totally off base on this one.

The bulls have enough talent to make a run at the 8 seed in the east. I think they will fall short of it but if they manage 35 wins they should be in the race until the last bit of the season.

Jwill is impressing me so far. Rose is better than I thought he was, maybe he just needed a team to lead instead of a team to share. Trenton impressed me as well with good D and clutch shooting.

I know we did not have many wins last year but other teams have made larger turnrounds than it would take for the bulls to make the playoffs. Marshall, Blount, and Jwill are some new players that will help us a lot. Erob and Crawford are basically new players for us because they were injured almost all of last season. Our young players also have another year of experience, and we have good coach. Add all that up and I can see dramatic imrovement from last year. Although we are not the favorites to make they playoffs, they are not an impossible dream anymore either. An whether or not we do, the future looks bright in chicago.:)

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>allenive21</b>!
He makes the Bulls sound bad because the Bulls start losing games and aren't in playoff contention and it sounds like they haven't lived up to their potential. I see Chicago going from 21 and 61 to winning over 30 games and that is a major improvement for them. Now if they can do that, the Bulls have still done good, not bad, but Walton's comments make the Bulls sound bad by that.
But still, that doesnt make the bulls look bad, it makes Waltons opinion of the bulls look bad. Most of us know we will be improved but not quite there yet. However, i can say some of the bulls faithful believe we are a playoff team now. As i said, i do not.

Yes 30 wins is about right. I predict 32. Anything under that i will be dissapointed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts