Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No real suprise here, I doubt if any of us really thought they would make the team. The guards in the East are just too deep and it doesn't help that they also had to compete against each other. They're stil haivng great years and we're still in 2nd place.
Maybe next year...

All-Star Reserves

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think as long as the Pistons play the game the way they do, they will never get a lot of nods for All-star reserves that aren't named Ben Wallace.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
Neither was LeBron James while people like Kenyon Martin make it. This is kife. :upset:
Different positions. List James as forward, and he gets in without breaking a sweat.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Yea you always have to take that into consideration. How can the eastern guards be so good but the eastern conference suck so much?!?!?!?! For the number of wicked little guys we have a heck of alot more eastern teams should do what Detroit and Indy are doing, we need some backup!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
It's tough for Rip and Chauncey to into the all-star game because they pretty much split the vote. It's impossible to say who is better than who and as a result you'll get some people voting for Rip, and some for Chauncey.

If one of them weren't as good as they are, I think the others chance of making the game would improve a lot.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Yea you always have to take that into consideration. How can the eastern guards be so good but the eastern conference suck so much?!?!?!?! For the number of wicked little guys we have a heck of alot more eastern teams should do what Detroit and Indy are doing, we need some backup!
Because the big men are in the west; and big men > guards.

-Petey

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Well Petey you do have a point but I am gonna tweak YOUR points around a bit (yep I'm aloud to do that :grinning: ) The West have better big guys no doubt about it, the East has horrible big guys. The East has great small guys but the West still has good small guys.

So...

The West has Good guards and Great forwards, the East has Great guards and ****ty forwards and Great+Good is better then Great+****ty.

Therefore, thus in conclusion hypothetically speaking in laymens terms dans la poisson I win. :grinning: (wow I grin alot)

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Well Petey you do have a point but I am gonna tweak YOUR points around a bit (yep I'm aloud to do that :grinning: ) The West have better big guys no doubt about it, the East has horrible big guys. The East has great small guys but the West still has good small guys.

So...

The West has Good guards and Great forwards, the East has Great guards and ****ty forwards and Great+Good is better then Great+****ty.

Therefore, thus in conclusion hypothetically speaking in laymens terms dans la poisson I win. :grinning: (wow I grin alot)
Actually that was perfect. KABI has the better explantion to his own question. LOL...

-Petey

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I really thought that chaunce should have been a reserve, I think that he is proving that he can be a clutch player and I thought that maybe the coaches in the east might have been able to get him to his first all star game

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that Billups and Hamilton hurt each other chances at being on the team, because they took votes away from each other. If they weren't on the same team it probaly would've been a better chance for one of them to get on the team.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I heard billups will be playing with cheryl ford of the shock and former piston john salley in a shooting stars contest. Not exactly the all star game but oh well.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Brian</b>!
I heard billups will be playing with cheryl ford of the shock and former piston john salley in a shooting stars contest. Not exactly the all star game but oh well.
John Salley?

Couldn't they have gotten the Shock coach, instead?

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!

Yea, I thought it was called shooting Stars contest.
I like John Salley, but Laim seems like a much more obvious choice. Is he working for ESPN that night?

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>jvanbusk</b>!

I like John Salley, but Laim seems like a much more obvious choice. Is he working for ESPN that night?
I like Salley too, but while Philly gets Moses Malone and L.A. gets Magic, we get Salley?!?

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>DetBNyce</b>!

I like Salley too, but while Philly gets Moses Malone and L.A. gets Magic, we get Salley?!?
I just found a link to about the shhoting stars event. Now that I've seen the participants it isn't as bad as I thought it was. I remembered a couple years ago when Malone and Magic played and I thought it would be much of the same.

<center>
</center>

LAC Team:
Marko Jaric, Sparks guard Nikki Teasley and NBA legend Terry Cummings.

LAL Team:
Derek Fisher, Los Angeles Sparks center Lisa Leslie and Lakers legend Magic Johnson.

San Antonio Team:
Manu Ginobili, retired San Antonio Silver Stars guard Jennifer Azzi and NBA legend and Steve Kerr.

Link

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The san antonio team will probably be the team to beat. Steve Kerr just retired so they basically have two nba players on that team. Pardon my ignorance but I don't know anything about jennifer azzi but even if she is as bad as me they could still win the contest easily.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>Brian</b>!
The san antonio team will probably be the team to beat. Steve Kerr just retired so they basically have two nba players on that team. Pardon my ignorance but I don't know anything about jennifer azzi but even if she is as bad as me they could still win the contest easily.
I think she played for the Shock at one point. I'm picking the LAL team for no particular reason. I gotta believe one of the teams with height will win though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts