Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Clippers were informed on Thursday that guards Jamal Crawford and Chauncey Billups intend to sign contracts with the team when the NBA’s moratorium period is lifted for free agents to sign deals, according to NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

Crawford, an unrestricted free agent who opted out of his $5.2 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, has been offered a spot by the Clippers. He is expected to sign a three-year, $15.7 million contract, according to the executives.

Billups, who played in just 20 games last season with the Clippers before suffering a season-ending left Achilles tendon surgery, will sign a one-year deal that could be worth up to $4.3 million if he reaches bonuses, the executives said.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-clippers-guards-20120705,0,1951283.story

Ray Allen to Miami now?

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Crawford was a disaster in Portland last year. Damn the Clippers need to hire a team psychiatrist for their off season acquisitions.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I still think Ray goes back to Boston.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
The Clippers aren't that great. They will never contend for a title and no aging shooter will change that. They're a fundamentally flawed team filled with overrated stars and mismatched role players.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Yeah the Allen visit to the Clippers was canceled. What the hell did they see in Crawford?
I think they like his ability to handle the ball a lot more than Ray's. It's nice to have a straight up dead eye shooter like Ray, but Crawford gives you a lot more explosion and a lot more versatility. He's a much better fit with their 2nd unit (especially with Bledsoe, who really shouldn't be running an offense at this point).

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
So they let go of Mo-Williams and sign... Crawford? He's pretty much the same player.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
The Clippers aren't that great. They will never contend for a title and no aging shooter will change that. They're a fundamentally flawed team filled with overrated stars and mismatched role players.
Yeah, that Chris Paul was a real problem pick up for them last year. :|

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
So they let go of Mo-Williams and sign... Crawford? He's pretty much the same player.
No, they didn't let Mo go, Mo didn't want to stay.

It's really too bad, because he was a real catalyst for them all season long. But he didn't want to be second- or even third-fiddle on a team when Chauncy Billups returned.

The Clippers accommodated him.

I'm not as negative as many of you in regards to Crawford. I think he will be re-energized with Paul feeding him the basketball. I look forward to the Clippers being even stronger next season.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Except Crawford is 4 inches taller, and cheaper. Makes a lot more sense considering their guard rotation is basically all point guards (Paul, Billups, and Bledsoe).

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
I think he's referring to the fact you called him an 'overrated star'. Unless you were referring to another Clippers player?

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
I think he's referring to the fact you called him an 'overrated star'. Unless you were referring to another Clippers player?
Overrated is a relative term. Chris Paul is overrated star in the context that some posters on this site think that he's a top two player. He's not. But, he is a top 10 player, and I've never said anything to the contrary. I never said anything that indicated that I believed that CP3 was a "problem" or that he wasn't the Clipper's best player. But he is overrated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts