Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever he comes out, I think he going to be a top 15 pick in the draft. At 6'4" he has great size to be a PG. Remind me alot of Andre Miller of the Nuggets but with a better outside shot. Having a great year this year. 15.3ppg 4.5rpg 5.7apg also shooting .563FG%. The only knock i see in him is he doesn't have great quickness.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
He has fine quickness, his problem and it is his main weakness is his reluctance to shoot, however he is a very physical guard who penetrates at will against anyone and as he improves his jumpshot (Miler did, Payton did) he will be fine.

A great prospect IMO.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
The Andre Miller comparison is quite a good one.

He is a step slower. His quickness projects to a little below average in the NBA.

Edelin is a great scorer from mid-range in. Perhaps the best scoring guard in America mid-range in. NO ONE NO MATTER HOW QUICK, can stop him from penetrating. This is ultimately his greatest strength.

Very good passer, shares ball handling duties with GMac, but he is the one that will give his teammates easy looks.

I don't agree that his biggest weakness is that he is afraid to shoot. He definetely looks to score the ball when he gets an opportunity that is within his skillset. However, he has no jump shot. How can you say tavoiding taking awful shots is a weakness? Your way off base there NM.

Great basketball smarts.

Average defender. Defense has never stood out. Hard to determine how good a defender a player is in Boehiem's 2-3.

Will be a first round pick, but not lottery.

Will not leave after this year. GMac and Edelin the best backcourt in America in 2004-2005?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
He has fine quickness, his problem and it is his main weakness is his reluctance to shoot, however he is a very physical guard who penetrates at will against anyone and as he improves his jumpshot (Miler did, Payton did) he will be fine.

A great prospect IMO.
who is the girl in your avatar......dayum!!!

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JuniorNoboa</b>!
The Andre Miller comparison is quite a good one.

He is a step slower. His quickness projects to a little below average in the NBA.

Edelin is a great scorer from mid-range in. Perhaps the best scoring guard in America mid-range in. NO ONE NO MATTER HOW QUICK, can stop him from penetrating. This is ultimately his greatest strength.

Very good passer, shares ball handling duties with GMac, but he is the one that will give his teammates easy looks.

I don't agree that his biggest weakness is that he is afraid to shoot. He definetely looks to score the ball when he gets an opportunity that is within his skillset. However, he has no jump shot. How can you say tavoiding taking awful shots is a weakness? Your way off base there NM.

Great basketball smarts.

Average defender. Defense has never stood out. Hard to determine how good a defender a player is in Boehiem's 2-3.

Will be a first round pick, but not lottery.

Will not leave after this year. GMac and Edelin the best backcourt in America in 2004-2005?
I stand by my statement. He was a good shooter in HS. The only thing I could chalk it up too is a lack of confidence in his jumpshot and not wanting to mess things up by shooting it too much, especially when he is such a great penetrator.

An example is today against BC where he could have taken numerous jumpshots in rhythm and yet continued to penetrate to the basket (for good results I might add). By next year he should have the confidence to take more jumpshots than he does currently. I don't think he has no jumpshot whatsoever, but he is sure reluctant to shoot nearly every single time he is open.

At least he doesn't hurt the team by playing up his weaknesses.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I like Edelin a lot. He is really starting to show his game this year. I think he is a great NBA prospect. He can good size and a balanced game.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Has Jimmy B ever recieved the creidt he deserve's for his recruiting skill's?.. I'm prob a lil late in bringing this up for debate.. Considering they won last year's Championship.. But.. Year in, year out he bring's in quality player's ready to contribute.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
GMac and Edelin the best backcourt in America in 2004-2005?
A 5 guard backcourt in Durham may have something to say about that ;)

Just botherin you, as usual, JN :grinning:

Edelin was impressive last night in Mizzou. He'll be a solid guard in the league, especially after a couple more years under Boeheim.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts

Edelin is nails when it comes to penetrating and scoring from midrange, but I think Keith Langford is right there with him in that category.

GMac and Edelin the best backcourt in America in 2004-2005?
This is a great possibility, as they're both tremendous. I really, really like McNamara. That kid is the definition of a gamer. Tough, smart, never gets rattled, clutch.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nimreitz</b>!
He's a scoring point guard who can't shoot. Why would you want that?
I love the guy, but he's not a great nba prospect.
Really?.. He wouldn't be outta place then.. Because.. There's a lot of point's who you could describe the same way, currently playing in the NBA.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Natty Dreadlockz</b>!

Really?.. He wouldn't be outta place then.. Because.. There's a lot of point's who you could describe the same way, currently playing in the NBA.
Exactly.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
No, but the difference is the Edelin has absolutely no jump shot and he can't compensate with his outstanding courtvision. Someone here said it already, he shares the point guard duties with GMac, who should be a shooting guard. Francis can shoot and TJ has the exceptional court vision. Edelin will be a great college player, but not a pro.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts