Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Just can't let go of last season lol.

Bing fans should be really excited for hoops this year. Not a lot of talent on this year's team, but new coach will be exciting- probably for the first time since the super team of Rivera/Mayben.

You'll probably also beat UVM again :) especially if Mansell returns- he killed us last time. Any word on his rehab?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Just can't let go of last season lol.

Bing fans should be really excited for hoops this year. Not a lot of talent on this year's team, but new coach will be exciting- probably for the first time since the super team of Rivera/Mayben.

You'll probably also beat UVM again :) especially if Mansell returns- he killed us last time. Any word on his rehab?
I think he said on Twitter that he'll be sitting out this season, but I don't know, that was said a little while ago and the season is still a month away so it things could change.

I'm excited to see Jordan Reed. I think he's going to be a real good one for Bing.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he said on Twitter that he'll be sitting out this season, but I don't know, that was said a little while ago and the season is still a month away so it things could change.

I'm excited to see Jordan Reed. I think he's going to be a real good one for Bing.
I still like Williams, he didn't really pan out like I thought he would last season, but showed alot of promise at times, especially towards the end of the season. I don't think Macon gave him enough chances and I think he was to shy with his abilities. He seems like one of the more smarter ones on the team, I just hope he can become a little bit more aggressive.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Yikes.

Not a major offense of course, but...wow- that can't be what Dempsey wants to show his new employer- one that probably emphasized no trouble and no negative attention.

First recruit and already suspended- not a good start.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yikes.

Not a major offense of course, but...wow- that can't be what Dempsey wants to show his new employer- one that probably emphasized no trouble and no negative attention.

First recruit and already suspended- not a good start.
+1

And at this point, nothing should be considered minor. The current players know what transpired at Binghamton during the Broadus Era. To make such a foolish mistake, given what has happened, is completely irresponsible. If I'm Dempsey I'm absolutely furious.

·
Registered
366 Posts
+1

And at this point, nothing should be considered minor. The current players know what transpired at Binghamton during the Broadus Era. To make such a foolish mistake, given what has happened, is completely irresponsible. If I'm Dempsey I'm absolutely furious

http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20121009/SPORTS03/310090006/Two-Binghamton-University-men-s-basketball-players-arrested-suspended?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
+1

And at this point, nothing should be considered minor. The current players know what transpired at Binghamton during the Broadus Era. To make such a foolish mistake, given what has happened, is completely irresponsible. If I'm Dempsey I'm absolutely furious
http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20121009/SPORTS03/310090006/Two-Binghamton-University-men-s-basketball-players-arrested-suspended?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports
...am I missing something? I live in Binghamton; I read the Press & Sun sports section. What are you trying to say?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Slight hiccup in the 'Bing rebuilding effort. I doubt that this means they won't play this year, but this certainly doesn't help Dempsey's 1st season get off on the right foot:

http://binghamtonbasketball.com/
This is what institutional accountability looks like. These were recruits from the old regime. It takes time to rebuild a program. I'm not happy these two young men made the decisions they made, but I am pleased the way the University is handling the situation. It seems to me Binghamton Athletics is getting its priorities straight.

Good job!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
This is what institutional accountability looks like. These were recruits from the old regime. It takes time to rebuild a program. I'm not happy these two young men made the decisions they made, but I am pleased the way the University is handling the situation. It seems to me Binghamton Athletics is getting its priorities straight.

Good job!
Ralling walked-on under Macon, but Reed is a Dempsey recruit.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts

Good job!
Correct on Railing but as Bingo!and I pointed out previously, Reed is one of the first recruits Dempsey has brought into Binghamton. Reed and Waller.

Agree with everything else- handling this swiftly, well done by Bing. The old Broadus/Macon regime would have called it a basketball issue and "handled it internally", aka "done nothing".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts