Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: Posted wrong score in title, it was 75-68.

Just got back from the Inaugural game at the Events center. A sellout with probably close to 5,000 people there.

The crowd was electric and cheering like crazy for the Bearcats. The Hawks started off both halves on a run, but the Cats came back strong both times.

Brandon Carter was clutch from the free throw line down the stretch and was big throughout.

Coach Walker got the crowd into it with about 10 minutes left in the game, and the team went on a mini-run to take the lead for good.

I'm looking forward to many more great games there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
All I can say is....WOW....that is a first rate division 1 facility.....much nicer than several "big time" arenas of similar size I have seen like Villanova's for example, or the Fitzgerald Field House at Pitt (used there until 2 yrs ago).....the atmosphere was electric and hopefully the crowds will keep coming! Doesn't look like there is a bad seat in the house. A great venue for Binghamton and the America East.....Monasch was there, there is no way the tourney is not going to be here next year...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The box is up now.

Carter had a career high 27 pts (24 in the second half). Billings had an off game offensively, but was only 2 pts short of a triple-double (8pts, 13 rebounds, 10 blocks). He was a little shaky from the line and stayed out of foul trouble so he played most of the game.

Attendance was listed at 4660.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts