Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
In all seriousness though, if Bruce keeps up these numbers he should be 1st team.
Going to be tough at this point, Bing would have to finish top three and he would probably have to up his scoring to hit the 1st team. Got him locked in for second team right now with how well Binghamton has been playing and what he's been doing.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Going to be tough at this point, Bing would have to finish top three and he would probably have to up his scoring to hit the 1st team. Got him locked in for second team right now with how well Binghamton has been playing and what he's been doing.
You are probably right, right now he is 2nd in rebounds, first in blocks, and 1st in FG %, but 11th in pts in the great America East, he probably needs to get to at least 4th or 5th in points per game to make 1st team. Which I think there is a good a chance he will.

At this point he is defiantly a lock for all defensive team.

Bruce only has 327% more blocks per game then Lamb.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You are probably right, right now he is 2nd in rebounds, first in blocks, and 1st in FG %, but 11th in pts in the great America East, he probably needs to get to at least 4th or 5th in points per game to make 1st team. Which I think there is a good a chance he will.

At this point he is defiantly a lock for all defensive team.

Bruce only has 327% more blocks per game then Lamb.
I'd like to see him settle in as a 16/10 player. Just depends how many attempts he gets from the field. As of right now who cares where they're at, you're winning and that's all that really matters in the end.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
As much as I've posted about Bruce and the PotY award, it's been mostly in jest and poor attempts at trolling.

I'm just glad he's taken such a big step forward in development, whether or not that lands him any awards or recognition from the conference I couldn't truly care less, because at the end of the day it has made a huge difference for Binghamton in the W-L column and that's far more important. If I were a betting man, I think Bruce himself would echo that sentiment. Awards are nice, wins are better.

He has been a joy to watch this season and if the wins keep coming it will make for a great winter. Now we just need the Events Center to start rockin' like it used to.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Does anyone know if Albert Odero becomes eligible starting Sunday at Sacred Heart?
Yeah I am not sure if he will be eligible for that game.
Unfortunately PSBLynn moved on to another news market, because he is someone who perhaps could of answered that question on here.

Odero did write on his Twitter account on December 1st "3 weeks ?" that would be the LIU game if that's what he was talking about.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah I'm excited to see him out there, but wondering where he fits and who's minutes will be taken away because of him...maybe Davis, Stewart, Muhammad.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yeah I'm excited to see him out there, but wondering where he fits and who's minutes will be taken away because of him...maybe Davis, Stewart, Muhammad.
These things always seem to work themselves out. There's definitely space in the rotation to get Odero 15 or so minutes a night. That's assuming he's ready to come in and contribute, of course, which is never a guarantee with freshmen.

30+ mpg Show and Bruce
~25 mpg Willie, Rose and Davis
10-15 mpg Ahearn, Muhammad, T. Stewart, C. Stewart and Odero

Something like that, which is basically what we've seen all year anyways. With guys either being in foul trouble or having off nights and not getting their usual minutes, or Dempsey riding a hot hand, a couple of those guys in the 10-15 mpg range will occasionally get some more run and play 20+ minutes. It's a good problem to have if Binghamton has 10 guys worth playing. That probably hasn't been the case in quite some time.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Bruce is going to get tested on Tuesday against Penn State. Mike Watkins from Penn state is 5th in nation in blocks per game (Bruce is 10th), and looks like a beast inside.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Carr and Watkins are studs.

Binghamton is going to need to play their best basketball of the season to have a chance. If they show up like they did today PSU will send them packin' by halftime.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
After playing Penn State tough for the most part, I don't think winning the next 5 is out of the question. LIU Brooklyn at home then d3 school to finish out the OCC. Then we play the three worst teams in the conference to start AE Play (Even though UNH scares me for some reason). Next loss will probably come at home Vs. Albany. Maybe we can keep it close on our home floor.

41 - 60 of 507 Posts