Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the way the first two games have gone, it is pretty much a given that we are going to get decimated in tonights game. Truth be told, I'm already looking ahead to the CCSU game. I think the only real positive outcome that can result from the game is that it toughens up the Bearcats - id est. play more physical, reduce turnovers, and rebound better.

My prediction for tonights game:

Bing 61
OU 89

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
We arent going to score over 50.

Ginzo I wasnt bashing BU in my assessment of the BU/Duke game. No one from the AE has a team this year that could possibly think about competing with any of the tier one schools.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I'll go contrarian by saying that we'll be surprisingly competitive for much of the game. That still won't change the final outcome --

OU 88
Bing 69

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
50-31 at the half.....the wheels fell off the wagon for Bing with 3 min to go in the 1st half.

OU hit 9 3's total in the half widen to their lead.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BU Bearcats Fan said:
With the way the first two games have gone, it is pretty much a given that we are going to get decimated in tonights game. Truth be told, I'm already looking ahead to the CCSU game. I think the only real positive outcome that can result from the game is that it toughens up the Bearcats - id est. play more physical, reduce turnovers, and rebound better.

My prediction for tonights game:

Bing 61
OU 89
Almost called that one!

Final Score

Bing 60
OU 88

Bearcats seemed to play pretty well. With the exception of the last 3 min of the first half, the score may be a lot closer. Duane James is panning out real nice for us.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Bing didn't play badly against OU, the Sooners are just that good. If they can duplicate the first 17 minutes in all of their AE games we'll be a force in conference play.

OU is going to serve a lot of teams like that on their home court (the lower half of the Big 12). The Sooners were regarded as the #1 team in the country by some basketball experts.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
dpinzow said:
Bing didn't play badly against OU, the Sooners are just that good. If they can duplicate the first 17 minutes in all of their AE games we'll be a force in conference play.

OU is going to serve a lot of teams like that on their home court (the lower half of the Big 12). The Sooners were regarded as the #1 team in the country by some basketball experts.

No offense, but those experts were off their rockers. OU has nothing on Duke and a few other schools... Bing U just does not impress me this year. I don't think they have the firepower at all...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I didn't say OU were #1, of course I regard Duke as better...but you have to consider them a primary contender for the national championship.

Binghamton isn't the only team who will get blown out there, that I assure you. There are going to be some teams who are much more highly regarded than Bing who will get waxed in Norman.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts