• Outkast

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mos Def and Talib Kweli vs Big Boi and Andre 3000.

Who is your pick as a combo or individually?

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
As a group, I like Outkast better. I've heard a ton of songs that I've loved from Outkast, while Blackstarr has only one album to go by (I think).

Individually, I love Kweli and Big Boi, and Mos Def is very good as well. However, Andre's solo singing career is pretty crappy IMO, so I like the Blackstarr combination better individually.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I voted for Blackstarr as well simply because I love Mos Def.

Ms.Fat Booty, Brooklyn (with the "Under the Bridge" intro), Leaving on a Jet Plane, Umi Says, 7 days remix, oh no (with nate dogg..) to name a few obvious ones.
I like Outkast but I don't think any of their songs can measure up to the best of Mos Def and Talib Kweli. I also think that most of the new Outkast stuff gets annoying quickly.

The Black Star album also has some songs that are at least on par with Outkast' best imo. Brown Skin Lady for example.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
I also think that most of the new Outkast stuff gets annoying quickly.

This is true. I almost didn't pick Outkast because of that, but they have had so many classics, I had to go with them.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!

The Black Star album also has some songs that are at least on par with Outkast' best imo. Brown Skin Lady for example.
I almost mentioned Brown Skin Lady too... Black Star was the first hip hop music I ever truly felt. The more hip hop I listen to, the more I appreciate Black Star and tracks like Brown Skin Lady.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
IMO Blackstar is the best duo (maybe trio if you include hi-tek) of all-time. I know all get some flack for not putting gangstarr at the top but i think they're #2. When thinking of blackstar i also look at each of their individual works and so i gotta put Blackstar above Outkast. But i can understand someone putting Outkast first if they just look at Blackstar from the standpoint that they only had 1 album and so looking at their entire career, Outkast could top that. But i would still put Outkast below Blackstar's 1 album.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by <b>DaBruins</b>!
gangstarr
Ahhhh... now I know why I messed up BlackStar again...

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I love Outkast and all........but no one can get with Blackstar.......Blackstar easily.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Outkast and ATLiens. One of my very favorite hiphop albums. Like it more than Blackstar's first one. No contest. If that was the only good album Outkast did, they'd win. But they just have a stronger catalouge.

Both Big Boi and Andre 3000 are better emcees IMO than Kweli and Mos Def.

"I came into this world high as a bird..."

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
i dont like either, but there are more outkast songs i can stand listening to than any garbage mos def and talib put out (even though talib has a few good songs)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Outkast is better simply because of their consistency and the fact that they've had more than 1 album out.

In a way it's like comparing Kobe to MJ; they're both great but it's not fair to compare them at this point since Kobe hasn't finished his career yet.

However, I do like Blackstar's album over any Outkast albums, but until they release some more, I'll go with Outkast.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Originally posted by <b>O2K</b>!
i dont like either, but there are more outkast songs i can stand listening to than any garbage mos def and talib put out (even though talib has a few good songs)
go home, hehe j/k. How can you NOT like Blackstar

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DaBruins</b>!

go home, hehe j/k. How can you NOT like Blackstar
well i think i was exagerating a little bit, i tend to overuse the word garbage, but mos def is a better actor than a rapper, and like i said talib tries to be too smart in his tracks and it shows, but when he writes about something he truly cares about he's on point and thats when he's at his best. Unfortunately thats not a consistant thing for him

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Originally posted by <b>O2K</b>!
This coming from a huge Sage Francis fan. To call Mos Def and Kweli garbage? WTF???? :confused:

Anyways, I'd take Outkast as a group, Kweli and Mos Def as seperate MCs. Maybe if Kweli and Mos had more than one CD together, I'd pick Blackstarr.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Blackstarr cause I think Outkast is COMPLETELY whack

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dmilesai</b>!

Why's that?
dont ask me....well i dont who for you to ask. I simply think Andre's style is stupid, and is nothing I would like to listen to. No beef with Big Boi though-- its like Andre isnt even a rapper....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts