Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds crazy to even talk about a rookie for MVP. Although, when you think about the other players in the running, no one has emerged as an overwhelming candidate and Griffin's stats & impact are very comparable. If he powers the Clippers into the playoffs after one of the worst starts ever, I would think he has to be considered a strong MVP candidate.

Where do you rank Griffin in the the current MVP discussion?

My current top 5 are:
Durant
Amare
Griffin
Rose
Lebron

I'm leaving off Kobe, KG, Ginobili, Howard, etc because their success has been a team effort and not so much a single individual putting them over.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Not with a losing record. The question is should he make an All NBA team? Me thinks so.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not with a losing record. The question is should he make an All NBA team? Me thinks so.
Hence why I said *if* they make the playoffs. At their current pace, they'll finish at .500

If they don't make the playoffs, he's out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Blake Griffin should be a shoe in to win rookie of the year, and possibly be in the all star game..the most notable rookies to get both those distinctions in the same year were Tim Duncan and Shaquille O' Neal...Griffin would be among some exclusive company

1 - 4 of 4 Posts