Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most people question his game and quickness, but i think this guy may be a good pick at the last first round or early second.

He reminds me alot of Kirk Hinrich with less quickness.

I mean, he has shown the ability to change his game and shoot the ball less this year, and pass more.

13 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, .42% 3 point shooting should get u into early 2nd round or late 1st.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Europe is full of his stile players with even better basketball skills.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I think Blake is not going to be a very good nba player. I dont get me wrong iam not hatin on him or anything [as he is one of my fav. players] i just dont think he is quick enough to keep up with other pgs in the league.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I've watched him some lately, and he seems like a tall Dickau. He is a very good distributor and shooter. However, his release is long, which NBA scouts don't like. I think he could be a back-up point somewhere. Not great speed, but adequate. He has put up some big point and assist numbers this year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The thing I like most about Stepp is that he plays with heart and passion. He's not the fastest guy or the most athletic but he finds a way to get this done..and hit some big shots espicially down the stretch (last year vs. Arizona). I think he'll probably be a 2nd rounder but I really want to see him do well in the NBA.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
If Joe Crispin isnt in the league Stepp wont be in the league. Crisp is fast can shoot better and can create a shot most of the time with penitration and step backs.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Joe Crispin is also 4 inches shorter than Stepp if I remember right. This makes a big difference in the NBA where Stepp will have a chance to shoot over smaller PG's. If Stepp can play defense adequately he can make it in the NBA. His height and shooting are his assets because there are plenty of PG's(Travis Deiner of Marquette, Dan Dickau, Crispin) who can shoot and run a traditional offense, but they have problems because of their lack of height and quickness. Stepp has one of these things to his advantage and thats his height. He has a better shot than Dan Dickau. I would compare him more to Steve Blake, who is providing a solid backup role for Washington Wizards, even though its the Wizards. Supposedly he can shoot better than Steve Blake, but Blake might be better defender and Blake also might be quicker. Stepp looks like he has decent handles from what I have seen, definitely better than Dickau had.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Steve Blake or Blake Stepp? I am confused now ;)

Steve Blake is listed at 6'3" and Blake Stepp is listed at 6'4"

4 inches is a big difference at any position.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrandinKnightFan3</b>!
Blake Stepp could have a promising NBA Career but he will have to open a can and work really hard too!
i hope he does, im a big fan of his

·
Registered
24 Posts
not worth the hype

blake stepp......decent player, but i also jumped on the dan dickau wagon and was extremely disappointed, so, stepp could make it in the nbdl, but probably no further than that......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts