Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your opinion on this kid. He's definately a better pro prospect than Dickau was. He is actually a True Point Guard, hes averaging 7 assists a game and i believe the assist to turnover ratio is 2.33 to 1. Plus, he's 6'4" unlike Dickau who was 6' or 6'1". He's shooting 44% on 3-pointers.

I think Stepp is a serious sleeper in 2004's draft.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I´m not sure about him, he seems a bit slow...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Supposedly he was quite a bit faster than Dickau was and when they played together he had an undiscovered/unknown knee problem. He's not blazing fast, but i think he will be "fast enough" I mean Casey Jacobsen was supposed to be too slow, but he's doing okay. Keep in mind that i'm not saying Stepp will be an all-star, just as a second rounder or late first rounder he will be a steal.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
That is how I see Blake Stepp also. He can handle, pass, and probably shoot as good if not better than Dickau. He is also a lot taller than Dickau. He can pass a lot better than Dickau from what I have seen. Dickau was a small shooting guard(more in the mold of Jacbosen) whose handles aren't really good enough for NBA PG. They both lack quickness, but Stepp can make up for that with his height at the PG position. He would be a solid backup in the NBA if nothing else. Not sure you can say the same for Dickau.

While we are sort of on the topic of Dickau. To his credit, he looks a lot quicker and has been playing more efficient in the minutes he has played this year. The problem is that he is not getting any minutes to prove he has improved or can play in the NBA. Atlanta Hawks are so screwed up that I still haven't given up on Dickau as a PG in the NBA. I doubt he will ever be anything more than a decent backup or marginal starter, but he still hasn't had a good chance to prove himself in my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts