Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blazer Bash Photos

LINK

We will keep adding photos to the site as the night goes on. So, check back!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Everyone please post your picks HERE!!!

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Take a gander at the great picture of the Schilster...thats his "We traded Rasheed for WHO?" look..
Here are my pictures. They aren't anything special, but enjoy.

man, I didn't know Bill was there..oh well. I guess it pays to actually pay attention when everyones crowding around 3 people...

In some of these you can see I paid homage to CFFI, and ABM...and altho I didn't take a picture, I also paid homage to CJFI...

I made out with great swag, thanks Mary!

I got the title year banner and the title year mug! Sahweeeet!

Thanks to ProudBFan and our own Gym Rat (and anyone else I missed, and everyone else who was involved in any way shape or form) for putting this together! And a special thanks to Schonz (tho I didn't see him) Jerome Kersey, Mike Rice and Mike Barrett (who finally met "the Hapster"...maybe he'll stop reading my e-mails now..hehe)!

Now that a lot of you met Ed O...how can you not love him?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Sounds like you all had an awesome time this year too.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!
In some of these you can see I paid homage to CFFI, and ABM...and altho I didn't take a picture, I also paid homage to CJFI...
Wow, Hap...Thanks! That was really sweet. :)

Sabonis or no Sabonis, I would love to have been there.

Blazer Bash JEGA!!!!!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bash Prizes

Mary brought so many things and so many things were donated at the last minute, I would love for everyone to post what their "take" was and if you got it as a door prize or through the prediction game.

So, how about it? What was your "take"?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I received some old cologne in a Blazer container with a little mini statue of a player at the top. I thought it was pretty cool, being very unique!~ :) I also picked up an ESPN t-shirt, which I thought was pretty cool. I'm guessing you provided those, GR. Thanks!

In terms of souvenirs, I did not get much. But trust me, it doesn't matter to me what things I got out of the party. I just had a good time!

And Mary, my many thanks goes to you for providing these items. I believed you donated the cologne, and I will definitely hang onto it! It's really cool. :)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>Loyalty4Life</b>!
I received some old cologne in a Blazer container with a little mini statue of a player at the top. I thought it was pretty cool, being very unique!~ :) I also picked up an ESPN t-shirt, which I thought was pretty cool. I'm guessing you provided those, GR. Thanks!

In terms of souvenirs, I did not get much. But trust me, it doesn't matter to me what things I got out of the party. I just had a good time!

And Mary, my many thanks goes to you for providing these items. I believed you donated the cologne, and I will definitely hang onto it! It's really cool. :)
What about the rest of your group? What did they get?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!

What about the rest of your group? What did they get?
I'm not too sure what I can remember, but I'll give it my best.

"DadL4L" - He got a Jerome Kersey signed card, in 1990 I believe. He also got a folder with some various pictures of Blazers in it.

4FS - He got a signed Cliff Robinson card. I don't remember what else he got. :sigh:

Saxonguy - He won the prediction game, and he picked out the signed basketball from the 1990-91 team. Needless to say, he was VERY happy! I'll get him to post more about it probably tomorrow.

I know that people went out of their way to donate the prizes, and I myself am very appreciative of their self-sacrifice(s). Thanks as always.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
One side note: I had the pleasure of speaking with Mary, who was the one who donated a GOOD portion of the prizes. I must say that she is a very kind individual, not just because of the prizes she donated, but she is just an overall sweet lady. She's an older lady, and I guess I just have a soft spot for older people. At my workplace, I really do enjoy taking time to help out the elderly (probably because I was very close to my grandmother before she passed away). I'm not calling Mary elderly though! By the looks of it, she still has long life to live. :yes:

Thanks so much Mary!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Ticket to the game: $27.50

A tank and a half of gas round trip: $20.00

A blanket, 2 hats, a signed Sheed pic, a Blaze computer mouse, a great game, and box full of screaming fans: priceless.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I got a blazer mouse at the entrence to the game, I also got a 6th man t-shirt witch was pretty cool. But my favorite thing I got was a pair of Cliff Robinson autographed shoes that came with a sports illustrated issue also singed by uncle Cliff:rbanana: :banana: :vbanana: :bbanana:

Thank you Mary

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bash - Post your memories, stories, etc. here

Sorry guys - we lost the data base and I need your help to get the info about the bash posted here again to be used in the article about the event.

Please post your memories, stories, thoughts about the bash and please include what prizes you walked away with!!!!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And, to recreate Howie's masterpiece......

Howie presents the SCHILLYS

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
It was a cold January afternoon as I made my way to the legendary Cuccina Cuccina restaurant to meet my fellow message board members. Little did I realize once I set out on my journey from the windy city; Troutdale, Oregon that I really didn't remember what many of them looked like from the previous party. I knew their personalities, but the only two that I was sure of weren't going to be in attendance for this event. Never the less I push onward and found a table in the back where the same crime was committed a year previous. People came in and people left, but no one was looking like they were looking for someone. Did I have the right night? Then a small group of people made their way to the back. They kind of looked familiar, but I wasn’t sure. I wasn’t sure that is until one of the people in the group was wearing a “Courtside Monday Night” baseball cap and bore a striking resemblance to Hap on of the moderators from Basketballboards.net. :D

After making a bit of a nervous contact with this group of possible strangers who in fact turned out to be just who I thought they were we sat and talked Blazer Basketball without a key board. After awhile the size of our group began to grow as we all waited for the clock to strike 5:30. That was the magical time that the Rose Garden doors opened and we could receive our first prize of the night, a Blaze computer mouse. It was like the Blazers knew we were coming! :yes:

Making our way to the Skyboxes our group split up. Some taking the elevator and some like myself choosing to push on and take the stairs. Upon reaching the plateau we found awaiting us a birds eye view of the beautiful Blazers court, a Mecca too many a Blazer fans. After making a quick evaluation of the box I stuck claim to my seat and then began conversing and meeting people from both BBB.net and ESPN.com boards. It was a nice mix of people.

I think that the best thing is meeting the names that you only see on your computer screen. Putting those screen names with a face is what I really enjoy about these get together functions. Ed I never pictured you so young. :D

The excitement continued with the arrivals of Jerome Kersey, Bill Schonely, Coach Mike Rice, Mike Barrett (Who I missed and really wanted to say hi too), and Blaze the trail cat. It is nice to see that these individuals will take time to converse and relate to us the fans. It says a lot about them as individuals and professionals.

Once the game started every buckled down and rooted for the home team which for all intensive purposes was playing a lot better then they have. During halftime a raffle was held for prizes. Everyone was a winner!

My take on loot was as follows, a Blaze computer mouse, a Blazer 6th man tee shirt, a Blazer Broadcasting laptop computer bag, a Blazer wall clock, a Blazer baseball cap, and a lot of new memories. :grinning:

I think that everyone had a great time even if the Blazers did come up short with the win. I myself look forward to Blazer Bash III next season. It doesn’t matter who we are, what we do, where we live, or even where we are in life. We all have one thing in common that made this night special and that is the Portland Trailblazers that we all cherish. We may not all agree with moves the team makes or doesn’t make, but we can all agree that the Blazers are our team and we are their fans and that is what is so special about events like this.

I hope to see everyone again next year at Blazer Bash III. :yes:

HOWIE

This has to be one of the longest posts I have put up in awhile!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I'll try and help

My memories are short since we only got to visit the party for about a half hour. This will not be the case next year!
(I'm with HOWIE on Blazer bash III)

In that short time I managed to meet Ed O., Hap, Schilly, Howie, Trade Bob, L4L, Gambitnut, and GymRat. Others were pointed out to me.

The one thing that I will never forget was being given an autographed "Thanks For The Support" picture of Rasheed Wallace. I was blown away by that! GymRat-you have NO idea how grateful I am for your efforts! :yes:

I encourage posters that did not go to seriously consider going next year!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts