Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's your head at? When the Blazers choked in Game 7 vs the Lakers, did you take time to appreciate that they fought back into that series to even force a Game 7?

Question for all Blazer Fans:

If the Blazers shocked the world by making the playoffs, coming from 0-2 down to beat the Spurs in 6 games, sweeping the injured Lakers in the second round, and beating the Kings in a nailbiting 7th game of the WCF on a Dale Davis free throw, and then led the Indiana Pacers 3-0 in the NBA Finals with a 20 point lead going into the 4th qtr of Game 4, but ended up losing the series in seven games on a Reggie Miller three point shot off glass.... would you love and respect the Blazers more than if they just tanked the rest of this season and went to the lottery?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NathanLane</b>!
What would you prefer?

The lottery.... or the greatest choke job in NBA Finals history (but hey, we made the Finals)?
this is a tough question. keeps the lakers from winning..but we get remembered for having 2 of the bigger choke jobs in NBA history...

·
Registered
201 Posts
That "tank the season" stuff would turn me off forever.

A team makes a compact with its fans that it will try hard to earn their support. I know that most teams don't (or can't) give it their all every game, and that's understandable, it's a long season. But when a team gives up for one game, they usually hear about it plenty (especially if they're any good). Dumping a whole season is really unconscionable. What about the folks who bought season tickets? Are they just suckers?
I think only teams with such low attendance that they really have nothing to lose would consider that as an option.
On the other hand, if my team puked after going as far as they could (which of course has happened to our team a number of times), I'd have to say, "Thanks for the ride" and call it good.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tblazrdude</b>!
this is easy: the playoffs are fun to watch and i hate not being apart of it (i rarely watch after portland's elimination).
Totally agree. You gotta play to win, and even if the Blazers have choked, I'd rather they were in a position to choke than stockpiling future first round picks while they prepare for the lottery.

Ed O.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree. So let's keep this in mind, Ed O.

When the Blazers puke on a 23 pt lead on the road, let's just be thankful that they were good enough to HAVE a 23 pt lead on the road.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NathanLane</b>!
What would you prefer?

The lottery.... or the greatest choke job in NBA Finals history (but hey, we made the Finals)?
Lottery.....I don't think I could stand being known as the biggest choke artists in NBA history...I couldn't stand to be let down again like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.