Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although those that attended the Bash had an excellent time talking with each other and many friends and family - I noticed that only a small number of POSTERS were in attendance.

SO......

If you weren't at the Bash.......where were you instead? Why didn't you come to "our" party?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,001 Posts
I had my fantasy baseball auction that day. I had initially planned on going to the game, but after the team turned out to be as bad as I'd feared, I just wasn't up for making the drive down I-5 to watch them.

Glad you all had fun.

Ed O.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
3,800 miles away and laid up on the couch after ACL surgery :(

If plane tickets didn't cost $600 bucks a pop to get to Portland from this damn hick town I am suck in I would have been there.

And heck watching the game doped up on percocet might have made it a whole lot more interesting
 

· Excentrifugal Forz
Joined
·
6,987 Posts
cpt.napalm said:
3,800 miles away and laid up on the couch after ACL surgery :(

If plane tickets didn't cost $600 bucks a pop to get to Portland from this damn hick town I am suck in I would have been there.

<b>And heck watching the game doped up on percocet might have made it a whole lot more interesting</b>
Heck, I do that every game! :)

I got a bad flu or lung infection so I wasn't able to attend the game, but I wasn't part of the bash anyway.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,225 Posts
Probably sitting at home. I don't have an excuse other than I'm slightly busy and there's a chance my parents wouldn't finance it. Yeah, I really am a LameR.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,207 Posts
I showed up late, and after talking to my buddy on a cellphone, found out he had an extra ticket down on the 6th row. So down to the 6th row I went. Unfortunately I missed about half of Martells scoring escapade.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,102 Posts
Ed O said:
I had my fantasy baseball auction that day. I had initially planned on going to the game, but after the team turned out to be as bad as I'd feared, I just wasn't up for making the drive down I-5 to watch them.

Glad you all had fun.

Ed O.
Who did you get in your auction?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,891 Posts
had to house sit and watch the puppy plus didnt have the extra cash.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,411 Posts
Went to the beach for spring break, plus I don't want the job knowing that I talk crap (sometimes) on a message board about the organization that pays its employee's...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,001 Posts
gambitnut said:
Who did you get in your auction?
Ah, gambitnut. Thank you for the opportunity to list off my beloved roster (well, they're beloved now, until they screw up).

10 team, AL-only 5x5. We can protect up to 12 players with contract rules that would bore everyone even more than the rest of this post. I'm designated keepers with an asterisk (*). Clearly some of the guys I picked up as future keepers, and I'll have to plug some holes with our reserve draft this weekend.

C: Javy Lopez, $18
C: Jeff Mathis, 10
1b: * Juston Morneau, 6
3b: Joe Crede, 5
Co: Mark Teixeira, 20
2b: * Michael Cuddyer, 2
SS: Brandon Wood, 1
Mi: Alex Cintron, 1
OF: Vernon Wells, 30
OF: * Carl Crawford, 26
OF: Brad Wilkerson, 22
OF: * Alex Rios, 5
OF: * Delmon Young, 5
DH: * David Ortiz, 18

P: * Rich Harden, 12
P: * Jeremy Bonderman, 7
P: * Felix Hernandez, 4
P: Kris Benson, 1
P: Jered Weaver, 1
P: Jesse Crain, 3
P: Ambriox Burgos, 9
P: * Huston Street, 7
P: Mariano Rivera, 30

I didn't pick up another starting pitcher (other than Benson, who I threw out there at a buck and didn't expect to get for that) and my middle infielders are suck, but I had some good keepers and I've got a shot this year (I won the year before last and came in second last year in our long-time league).

OK. Thanks for indulging me. Back to the thread :)

Ed O.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,411 Posts
Ed O said:
Ah, gambitnut. Thank you for the opportunity to list off my beloved roster (well, they're beloved now, until they screw up).

10 team, AL-only 5x5. We can protect up to 12 players with contract rules that would bore everyone even more than the rest of this post. I'm designated keepers with an asterisk (*). Clearly some of the guys I picked up as future keepers, and I'll have to plug some holes with our reserve draft this weekend.

C: Javy Lopez, $18
C: Jeff Mathis, 10
1b: * Juston Morneau, 6
3b: Joe Crede, 5
Co: Mark Teixeira, 20
2b: * Michael Cuddyer, 2
SS: Brandon Wood, 1
Mi: Alex Cintron, 1
OF: Vernon Wells, 30
OF: * Carl Crawford, 26
OF: Brad Wilkerson, 22
OF: * Alex Rios, 5
OF: * Delmon Young, 5
DH: * David Ortiz, 18

P: * Rich Harden, 12
P: * Jeremy Bonderman, 7
P: * Felix Hernandez, 4
P: Kris Benson, 1
P: Jered Weaver, 1
P: Jesse Crain, 3
P: Ambriox Burgos, 9
P: * Huston Street, 7
P: Mariano Rivera, 30

I didn't pick up another starting pitcher (other than Benson, who I threw out there at a buck and didn't expect to get for that) and my middle infielders are suck, but I had some good keepers and I've got a shot this year (I won the year before last and came in second last year in our long-time league).

OK. Thanks for indulging me. Back to the thread :)

Ed O.

Javy Lopez for $18 is pretty steep IMO...

Otherwise I like your team, nice prospect mixed in with some good established players....

I still like my team better though...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
16,001 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Javy Lopez for $18 is pretty steep IMO...
Yep. Mathis at $10 is a bit steep, too. Lots of catchers were protected and last year I essentially took zeroes at both C spots and I wasn't going to do that again.

I still like my team better though...
Maybe this isn't the right thread, but list it :)

Ed o.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,411 Posts
I'm not in an auction league, but my brother has been playing in one for a couple years now, so I'm pretty familiar with it...It seems like picking a well rounded team overall is a lot better of a plan than going after a couple of big time guys and then just try and fill in the holes with the money you got...

But I'm playing a 10 man head to head league and my team looks like this:

C- Ivan Rodriguez (still solid)
1B- Ryan Howard (going to put 50 homers and 100+ RBI's IMO)
2B- Brian Roberts (hoping last year wasn't just a fluke)
3B- Nomar Garciaparra (hoping that he's finally healthy, doubtful though, but one of my later picks so no biggie)
SS- David Eckstein (speed and average)
LF- Coco Crisp (should do well replacing Damon, had him last year and he did great)
CF- Andruw Jones (Expecting another monster year)
RF- Vladimir Guerrero (consistent monster hitter, annual pick for me)
OF- Ichiro (speed and average, always does it for me)
Util- Garrett Anderson
Util- Tori Hunter

Pitching Staff:
SP- Ben Sheets
SP- Mark Buehrle
SP- Josh Beckett
SP- Jeremy Bonderman
SP- Mike Mussina
SP- Jarrod Washburn
SP/RP- Curt Schilling
P- Kiko Calero
P- Steve Kline
RP- Brad Lidge
 

· Excentrifugal Forz
Joined
·
6,987 Posts
BlayZa said:
busy living a million miles away in new zealand :)

was at this beach for most of the day

was a tough choice but.....
Nice!

A bit boring though. 90 mins from Portland.
http://www.tielmania.com/pics/coast.jpg
http://www.tielmania.com/pics/coast1.jpg
http://www.tielmania.com/pics/coast2.jpg
http://www.tielmania.com/pics/coast4.jpg
Ok, it looks a lot warmer where you are at. :)

sorry, I editted them so the links would show up. There was nothing there when I opened this post, and now at least there's links.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top