Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday's 101-97 win over the last-place Phoenix Suns was, for this Blazers team, progress.

"It was a win, so that makes it good," Derek Anderson said. "You can say all that other stuff about what almost happened, but it didn't happen. We found a way to win."

Or more precisely, the Blazers found a way not to lose.

Nice to see that the Blazers without Rasheed and Ruben can still find a way to hold on and win a game.

It was a win that probably would have been less stressful had Wallace not been ejected with 5:49 left in the second quarter for arguing a seemingly obvious foul he committed on Stoudemire.

"If we would have had him in the game, I think we would have won the game easily," Damon Stoudamire said. "But . . . whatever."

They know that Wallace is the best all around player on the team, but if he is out of the game they know that they can still win, atleast against the Suns.

The Blazers (22-25) won for the fifth time in six games but remained tied with the Los Angeles Clippers in 11th place, 41/2 games behind Memphis and Houston for the eighth and final playoff spot.

4 1/2 games is going to take some work with this squad, but it is something that is realistic. Omar Cook was a great addition and I hope that he continues to play his best and sticks with this squad. I hope they don't let up in Utah.

Oregonlive.com

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
We saw from Portland what we've seen all year long. The Blazers played very well for half the game. They showed a glimpse of what this team could be. And then they almost fold down the stretch on the road...this would have been a lost earlier in the season. And all of this without Sheed for a half and Ruben. Damon has played very well in the last few games. You notice how Portland has been winning lately and Damon's assists are in the 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 range. I hope to see more of that from him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts