Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Blazers canceled practice today. Why after a horrible performance would you cancel practice? Sounds like a trade is about to happen if you ask me. I bet Dallas and Portland make a trade this afternoon.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
was there still remaining snow at dale davis' house where they had a bash last night and now can't get out:laugh:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>Blazer Ringbearer</b>!
Maybe they're just quitting... the Blazers have disbanded!
They should. Very difficult team to watch. My 13 year old daughter has much more exciting games to watch. I actually saw girls dive for the ball last night. A Blazer would never do that.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Blazer Ringbearer</b>!
Maybe they're just quitting... the Blazers have disbanded!
You mean Paul Allen might have decided to lose tens of millions of dollars in another way?

Interesting about practice. It seems like IF there were going to be a press conference for a big trade, canceling practice beforehand might make some sense.

But we might, naturally, be reading too much into this.

Ed O.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Peaceman</b>!

....I actually saw girls dive for the ball last night. A Blazer would never do that.
Unless, say, a few green buds were tossed out on the floor. :laugh:

·
Registered
9,819 Posts

They should. Very difficult team to watch. My 13 year old daughter has much more exciting games to watch. I actually saw girls dive for the ball last night. A Blazer would never do that.
Ruben would..give him his due.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Practice obviously does not make perfect, so there's probably no harm in them skipping it.

Actually, a favorite quote of mine is, "Practice does not make perfect, practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect."

I think that could be applied pretty well to this squad. No point practicing bad habits.

Dan

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
It's official...the team is folding, paul allen is buying another team in another state, and the city of Portland is stuck paying for the rest of the RG...

oooh wait...my meds..my meds..where be my meds!?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!

I think that could be applied pretty well to this squad. No point practicing bad habits.
Hehe.

The more I think of this, the more likely I think it is that the practice has been canceled just to let the team decompress after a long, tough road trip.

I don't know this for a fact, obviously, and I don't know if it'll do any good, but since I'd hyped the "pending trade" angle earlier, I wanted to present an alternate (if just as obvious) rationale.

Ed O.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!

...Actually, a favorite quote of mine is, "Practice does not make perfect, practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect."
.......which, oddly, reminds me of that old adage: "They tell me that ________ is good for nothing. However, that's not true. He/she can always be used as a bad example."

:whoknows: :D

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

Hehe.

The more I think of this, the more likely I think it is that the practice has been canceled just to let the team decompress after a long, tough road trip.

I don't know this for a fact, obviously, and I don't know if it'll do any good, but since I'd hyped the "pending trade" angle earlier, I wanted to present an alternate (if just as obvious) rationale.

Ed O.
Could very well be the case, I think the time is a bit odd, but could very definately be coincidental.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
In all seriousness, the practice was probably cancelled because Mo was sick and tired of them loafing around and sent their sorry asses home.

"Ok guys, let's scrimmage"...

after 12 minutes, the score was 112-110..

both teams were an amazing 48-48 from the floor (including an insane 16-16 from 3's on one team, and 14-14 by the other)!

"um..guys? Remember the concept of defense? Aaaah screw it...go home you bucha mother scratching jerks! why couldn't I have gone back to Philly where at least those guys try..well, cept for Iverson..I know..it's only practice.."

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Maybe Cheeks is being replaced cause even an old softy like Allen can tell he can't coach for crap.

The news could be we hired Riley and traded Sheed and Jeff for Tmac. All is good then!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts

I saw Ruben hit the floor several times...

·
Registered
84 Posts

Zach did that in Toronto last weekend....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts