Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has become a concern. This road trip exposed it even more. They are so lucky to be 2-2 on that trip. Every game except the wiz they gave the opponent every chance to win. They can't rebound in critical times. They don't have the killer instinct teams need. No fire. And Batum is a disaster in tight games. Scary to see him with ball. Had love and Martin played its 1-3 trip with a lucky shot by LA in NY.

#truth

They will go 0-2 into break likely 0-3 after break

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Portland is 36-15 and have yet to hit the All Star Break. They seem to be doing exceptionally well closing out games.

Please tell me what is the record you predicted for the Blazers this season ? I'm sure it wasn't to be on pace to win 60 plus games. Where they just were at 31-9 before hitting a little speed bump. At that pace this Blazers team would of eclipsed the 91 Blazers team record.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They aren't winning 60 bro. No way. I thought they would fight for 8 spot. Honestly they are only 5 games ahead of the 8 seed. And after they lose next two they will probably be 3 ahead. Dallas has easy schedule before break. Not good.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
They aren't winning 60 bro. No way. I thought they would fight for 8 spot. Honestly they are only 5 games ahead of the 8 seed. And after they lose next two they will probably be 3 ahead. Dallas has easy schedule before break. Not good.
As I said .. the Blazers were on pace for 60 plus at 31-9. As in past tense.

Secondly the Blazers are 17-10 on the road and 19-5 at home. This team is far from fools gold. They're an offensive juggernaut for any team to defend, and their defense is getting better.

Also the Blazers are closer to the number one seed in the Western Conference than they are the eighth seed. And the WESTERN CONFERENCE is stacked with great teams!

I believe the Blazers also have the fourth best record in the entire NBA. With only OKC, Indiana, SA (who's playing up and down right now) ahead of them. Thats it!

Embrace it and enjoy this tremendous team in stumptown. It's not every year the Blazers are battling for the number one seed in the Western Conference.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Their schedule is brutal in February and early march. Will be lucky to be top 6 when it's over.
Naw dude, the Blazers have shown they can beat all the top tier teams in the league. As they have wins over all of them besides Miami thus far.

Basically it just all comes down to their shooting, when that three ball is going down this team is nearly impossible to beat. When they're cold, they have a harder time to pull out wins, but thats the way the team is built in this flow offense. With Aldridge anchoring everything. And the starting five has to remain healthy. If one or more of their starters go down, than I would agree this Blazers team is in trouble. As the bench is not capable of holding up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts