Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Grizzlies have a history of killing momentum in our season.

In 2001, they were the team that beat us on Clyde Drexler night (Rod Strickland's return to the Blazers) at the Rose Garden when we were rolling and had the best record in the conference. After that loss, I believe we lost to the Grizz yet again as we fell to the 7th seed.

In 2002, we were playing championship-caliber ball after a 13-18 start when we took a 25 point lead over the Grizzlies late in the third qtr at the Rose Garden. The Grizzlies rallied to win that game. The Grizzlies beat us again that season and a team that looked like it had serious designs on winning the #1 seed (if not at least the 4th seed) fell to the 6th seed.

In 2003, we traded Bonzi Wells to the Grizzlies only to see him dominate us in the 4th qtr at the Pyramid in a game that we had led by 15-17 points.

Here we are in 2004. The Grizzlies are riding a big winning streak and are several games ahead of us. Tomorrow's game guarantees at least a tie in the season series for the victor. We don't want to lose to Bonzi again. When the Grizzlies come to the Rose Garden in March, Bonzi will no doubt hear the boos.

A rivalry is born?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Its time to turn the tables, and spoil their playoff chances and get a better draft pick.

I say knock them off... besides they are supposedly a good team. We beat good teams right? :D

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Doesn't sound like a rivalry to me. Sounds like they are killing us.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!
The Grizz also got their first ever win against the Blazers at the newly opened Rose Garden.
IIRC, that also was Sabonis' first game as a Blazer.

(Not that Sabonis has anything to do with this topic......) ;)

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!

Wouldn't it be wild if that game was postponed too!!!!!!!!!!
Yes... what if Dale Davis was the only guy who made it to the arena in time? :)

Ed O.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts