Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
tlong said:
I believe he would be an upgrade over Nash.
Well, Pritchard IS taller. Therefore better, right?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Fork said:
Well, Pritchard IS taller. Therefore better, right?
I dunno, Fork. See, when evaluating office bigwigs, one needs to consider things like mass, too. I'm guessing Nash is better than Pritchard both in the post and in the line to the water cooler. All in all, I'm guessing it may be a wash. ;)

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I think Pritchard is a little more in tune with todays NBA than Nash is.......I also see Pritchard relating and having a better relationship with the players than the person before him.....His rotations are a ton better.....I think Pritchard would be a great GM

Grgruich is a keeper too....I see him often in timeouts getting in players faces (Viktor and Outlaw mainly) and getting them motivated, which I think is a plus for the young guys....We have to keep that guy around, great coach.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
nash should be a scout

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
tlong said:
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1112608815175340.xml

I think this is a strong step in the right direction and I'm gaining a greater appreciation of Kevin Pritchard when I read information like this. The hiring of Kevin Pritchard was a positive.
This is definitely an interesting, positive sign. One hopes that they use it intelligently. Reams of numbers don't necessarily mean smarter evaluations. All stock analysts (a similar marketplace) have tons of numbers; only the sharp ones know how to spot market inefficiencies and undervalued/overvalued assets.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
ANyone else find this quote extremely odd?

"Kevin was not supposed to leak this," the millionaire said. "I can't talk about it now, but I will be able to talk about it more later, and it will be worth your while."

I wonder how much impact Kevin had in San Antonio, I also wonder what his financial status is.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Schilly said:
ANyone else find this quote extremely odd?
The whole article was a bit odd. But (pretty much completely off topic) I loved the picture of Pritchard that went along with the story (in the print edition, it doesn't seem to be on the website, or I'd paste it in).

barfo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts