Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think all fans knew they were as never good as their record. They are abysmal on defense which always was the case and werent as good offensively as they showed.

Its crazy to say this but not sure they make the playoffs. Brutal sced left. Also I cant figure what in the hell has happened to lillard. He looks lost, uninterested, no confidence in offense and maybe one of the worst defensive PGs in nba.

The popular theory if you believe in unicorns is that the blazers are tired which could be somewhat true and was a tough part of schedule BUT Ive watched every game and can tell its something much more then being tired. Gonna be a rough second half. A epic fall out of playoffs could be in store.

They may need to make a deal just to make playoffs. Contender talk was always insane.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
I think all fans knew they were as never good as their record. They are abysmal on defense which always was the case and werent as good offensively as they showed.

Its crazy to say this but not sure they make the playoffs. Brutal sced left. Also I cant figure what in the hell has happened to lillard. He looks lost, uninterested, no confidence in offense and maybe one of the worst defensive PGs in nba.

The popular theory if you believe in unicorns is that the blazers are tired which could be somewhat true and was a tough part of schedule BUT Ive watched every game and can tell its something much more then being tired. Gonna be a rough second half. A epic fall out of playoffs could be in store.

They may need to make a deal just to make playoffs. Contender talk was always insane.
You don't think they'll even make the playoffs?

They have 32 wins and it's not even February yet. Not making the postseason would be an unprecedented disaster.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Lillard has been bad defensively for a while. (Check the article on him in my sig.)

This team was not winning because of their defense. They were winning in spite of it. In order for the Blazers to be a contender they need to have the most efficient offense in basketball. Not top 5... number 1. Outside of that, they don't have the talent to get it done.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
You don't think they'll even make the playoffs?

They have 32 wins and it's not even February yet. Not making the postseason would be an unprecedented disaster.
Yeah, despite everything I just posted... they'll make the playoffs. The only team currently in playoff position in the West that I see potentially falling out is the Suns.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Blazers should be fine. Just hit a rough schedule in which they were 2-4 (Rockets, OKC, Warriors, Grizz. Beat Wolves and Nuggets). But they won 5 in a row previously. Seem streaky looking at their schedule lately.

I have thought they should go after Asik though depending on actual cost. Instead sitting tight.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I have thought they should go after Asik though depending on actual cost. Instead sitting tight.
I agree. I guess they're reluctant to give up on C. J. McCollum and to take back the rest of Asik's deal. Still, I would pull the trigger if I were them and serious about contending.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Yeah, despite everything I just posted... they'll make the playoffs. The only team currently in playoff position in the West that I see potentially falling out is the Suns.
I think we're doing pretty well without Bledsoe. He's expected to come back and I think McD will work his magic, w/pick(s), Okafor contract to make a move near deadline.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I think we're doing pretty well without Bledsoe. He's expected to come back and I think McD will work his magic, w/pick(s), Okafor contract to make a move near deadline.
I'm not positive that the Suns will fall out. I just think Memphis has the potential of going on a run with Gasol back in the fold and over-taking them.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
I'm not positive that the Suns will fall out. I just think Memphis has the potential of going on a run with Gasol back in the fold and over-taking them.
That's true. Grizz seem to be turning a corner recently. On fire actually, wow. Won 8 out of 9.

Ironically, they've owned the Suns when they met so far.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
suns are just like the blazers... at some point a major regression happens. also suns are going through the easiest part of their sched.... once west games kick in they will be out of playoffs 100%. no way they finish ahead of grizz or even minny.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
suns are just like the blazers... at some point a major regression happens. also suns are going through the easiest part of their sched.... once west games kick in they will be out of playoffs 100%. no way they finish ahead of grizz or even minny.
Speaking in absolutes? We'll see..

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Blazers were never a legitimate contender to get to the Finals. But they'll absolutely make the playoffs. I'll admit I was wrong about them, though. I didn't see them being this good at the beginning of the season. But they've proved me wrong. Until they fix their defense, though (especially Lillard), they're not going anywhere. TP, CP3, Westbrook, Curry, will eat them alive in the playoffs. Hell, even Dragic and Conley will.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
That's true. Grizz seem to be turning a corner recently. On fire actually, wow. Won 8 out of 9.

Ironically, they've owned the Suns when they met so far.
Yeah, Memphis is getting in the playoffs. Not sure who is falling out yet, but they're going to get one of those eight spots.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Yeah, Memphis is getting in the playoffs. Not sure who is falling out yet, but they're going to get one of those eight spots.
The thing is, I don't think Dallas will be the team that drops out if they stay healthy. They seem like they finally have their roles established.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts

What has Minnesota shown you to make you believe they're going to have a better record? All they've done is underachieve.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Portland's going to have to try pretty hard to fall out of the playoffs entirely. They're something like 8 or 9 games ahead of the ninth-place team.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Portland's going to have to try pretty hard to fall out of the playoffs entirely. They're something like 8 or 9 games ahead of the ninth-place team.
Have u watched them play lately??? I mean they couldnt stop high school kids from scoring. How they beat SA and OKC x2 is a mystery.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts