Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anderson, normally one of the most positive and polite players on the team, nearly spit his words with anger Saturday, saying his teammates need to "quit looking at everyone when you get beat" and that some players need to "do something smart instead of sitting and watching people" and that the team needs to figure out that some players need double-team help, especially after he is repeatedly beaten.

"To me, it's cut and dry," Anderson said.

And what is that?

"I wish I could say it . . . " Anderson said.

###

So what is it he wants to say?

Damon can't guard a stack of newspapers?

Zach's defense is horrible?

Mo Cheeks can't coach?

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1075035326226100.xml

·
Registered
762 Posts
This is a Damon thing, and Pippen said the same things.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Damon Damon Damon Damon

Did I mention Damon?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
So blame Damon and the team stays the same tomorrow. Work on help defense and maybe the team gets better until Damon can be traded.

No one wants Damon on their team so we are stuck with him. Better find a way to make it work.

I can't think that Jason Williams, Earl Boykins, TJ Ford can be that much better than Damon so why are they winning? Good Help defense! It's a team game boys!

You're only as good as your weekist link.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I think what this comes down to is the fact that Cheeks just is not cut out for being a head coach.
There is no doubt in my mind that a good coach could get this group to the playoffs, yet we are way out of contention right now.
I can't imagine players on a Phil Jackson, or Pat Riley team getting away with being more concerned about their own stats, or not helping on defense. The players would NOT be allowed to play as individuals.

As much as I like Cheeks as a person and even an assistant coach, to me its obvious that he just HAS to go.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Amen blazerboy....

I dont understand why more people dont agree with this...

Hes not what we need. A fantastic person, but not the right coach for our guys. :|

1 - 7 of 7 Posts