PF- David Lee
PF- Mo Taylor EXPIRING NEXT YR
C- Jerome James
1st rnd pick via SA

POR trades-

C- Theo Ratliff
PG- Sebastian Telfair
SF- Darius Miles

We all know that the Knicks have had issues with Marbury and that Nate has gotten into fights with Miles. I believe this is an honestly good trade for both teams and works on realGM. What do you Blazers fans think? BTW Don't think of me as a Knicks fan making up this offer because Portland IS my 2nd favorite team.

TRADE ID: 3039860.

·
A deserving All-Star
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Blazers would also be picking up David Lee who's a very good hustle forward who has a lot of potential as well. This is a great deal for both clubs.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
knicksfan said:
The Blazers would also be picking up David Lee who's a very good hustle forward who has a lot of potential as well. This is a great deal for both clubs.
yah, if we want to suck AND have a huge salary problem for years to come.

·
Registered
10,411 Posts
How about Steve Blake and Ha for Channing Frye, David Lee, Nate Robinson and your 2007 first rounder...

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
knicksfan said:
NY trades-

PG- Stephon Marbury
PF- David Lee
PF- Mo Taylor EXPIRING NEXT YR
C- Jerome James
1st rnd pick via SA

POR trades-

C- Theo Ratliff
PG- Sebastian Telfair
SF- Darius Miles

We all know that the Knicks have had issues with Marbury and that Nate has gotten into fights with Miles. I believe this is an honestly good trade for both teams and works on realGM. What do you Blazers fans think? BTW Don't think of me as a Knicks fan making up this offer because Portland IS my 2nd favorite team.

TRADE ID: 3039860.
Telfair is untouchable he could be just as good as starbury cept not a haed ache.Only way u are getting telfair is if u trade frye.
I would much rather trade u guys miles,blake,theo for lee,frye,nate robinson.

·
A deserving All-Star
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With all due respect I was being rather serious with my proposition. Please do not blatantly mock another fan's offers. The Portland Trail Blazers are my second favorite team with the Knicks being my first so in my offer I had the interest of both teams in mind.

·
Registered
534 Posts
knicksfan said:
With all due respect I was being rather serious with my proposition. Please do not blatantly mock another fan's offers. The Portland Trail Blazers are my second favorite team with the Knicks being my first so in my offer I had the interest of both teams in mind.
No... You're just saying that. Stephon Marbury is a cancer to any NBA franchise. And no fan in Portland, that I know at least, would ever want or welcome him as a Blazer. You basically have the Knicks in mind. Not the Blazers. Furthermore, the idea that Portland trades away Telfair is simply ludicrous and you know it. He is the future of the Blazers. So sorry.

·
A deserving All-Star
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ThePrideOfClyde said:
No... You're just saying that. Stephon Marbury is a cancer to any NBA franchise. And no fan in Portland, that I know at least, would ever want or welcome him as a Blazer. You basically have the Knicks in mind. Not the Blazers. Furthermore, the idea that Portland trades away Telfair is simply ludicrous, and you know it. He is the future of the Blazers. So sorry.
You seem to be forgetting that Marbury averages 20 points and 8 assists through his NBA career. He is certainly not a " cancer". I can debate you on that but I'm sure that would be quite an easy debate for me and quite pointless. You are also picking up David Lee and a first round draft pick and dumping Ratliff's 11 million a year deal. About me having the Knicks ONLY in mind I bet you I'm the biggest Portland Blazers fan in all of the entire EAST COAST. I like the Blazers more then I like the Nets and Suns combined MY THIRD AND FOURTH FAVORITES. Don't ever say I only have the Knicks in mind.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Thanks for the trade idea knicksfan.

The Blazers I'd like to keep for next season (in order) are Webster, Telfair, Jack, Khryapa, Przybilla, Ha (hey, he's cheap, young and big!), Zach, Travis, Theo. Seemingly, Miles has to go. I'd trade Theo in a heartbeat to make a good deal, but I put him on my list because he can provide such outstanding help defense for our young guys in the rare event he's healthy.

I'd be in favor of adding Lee. I'm not crazy about adding Marbury to this team, period, and I'd like to keep Telfair. I'd much rather have a healthy Theo than James, but that's a long shot. I don't know what Mo Taylor is doing this year, but I'm liking Skinner as a good backup C/PF, and Zach plus Lee plus Skinner plus Viktor would make Taylor unnecessary for us anyway.

Any ideas on how we can just send the Knicks Miles (and if necessary a player not on my above list, or maybe a lotto protected draft pick), and they can send us Lee (and someone to make the salaries match)? That would rock!

Thanks.

·
A deserving All-Star
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blazer Bert said:
Thanks for the trade idea knicksfan.

The Blazers I'd like to keep for next season (in order) are Webster, Telfair, Jack, Khryapa, Przybilla, Ha (hey, he's cheap, young and big!), Zach, Travis, Theo. Seemingly, Miles has to go. I'd trade Theo in a heartbeat to make a good deal, but I put him on my list because he can provide such outstanding help defense for our young guys in the rare event he's healthy.

I'd be in favor of adding Lee. I'm not crazy about adding Marbury to this team, period, and I'd like to keep Telfair. I'd much rather have a healthy Theo than James, but that's a long shot. I don't know what Mo Taylor is doing this year, but I'm liking Skinner as a good backup C/PF, and Zach plus Lee plus Skinner plus Viktor would make Taylor unnecessary for us anyway.

Any ideas on how we can just send the Knicks Miles and a player not on my above list, or maybe a lotto protected draft pick, and they can send us Lee? That would rock!
The whole point to my offer was so the Knicks can pick up Telfair, he's the guy I like a LOT to be our PG of the future in NY.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
knicksfan said:
The whole point to my offer was so the Knicks can pick up Telfair, he's the guy I like a LOT to be our PG of the future in NY.
Thanks for the trade idea KnicksFan.

I think it's actually pretty fair for both sides from a talent standpoint, maybe even favoring the Blazers a bit.

But I don't think the Blazers would do it. Partly because of being burned repeatedly by talented-but-attitude-challenged guys like Marbury. But even more because I think a lot of the decision-makers, from Paul Allen on down through Nash and Pritchard, are personally invested in Telfair panning out.

I don't think there's any way they would trade Telfair except as part of a package that would bring back a true franchise player to build around. (I'm talking about LeBron, Wade level guys here... the kind of guys they'll never get.) The Knicks don't have anyone like that, so I just don't see a trade happening involving Telfair.

Maybe, if for some reason Isiah still like Miles and/or Ratliff, they could exchange some garbage (Miles and Ratliff for Jalen Rose and filler or something). But I don't think the Knicks have anything the Blazers would want in exchange for Telfair.

The Knicks best chance to get him might be when his rookie deal runs out. I presume they won't have cap space, but if he really wants to go back home he might be able to force Portland into a sign and trade.

Stepping Razor

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
knicksfan said:
You seem to be forgetting that Marbury averages 20 points and 8 assists through his NBA career. He is certainly not a " cancer". I can debate you on that but I'm sure that would be quite an easy debate for me and quite pointless. You are also picking up David Lee and a first round draft pick and dumping Ratliff's 11 million a year deal. About me having the Knicks ONLY in mind I bet you I'm the biggest Portland Blazers fan in all of the entire EAST COAST. I like the Blazers more then I like the Nets and Suns combined MY THIRD AND FOURTH FAVORITES. Don't ever say I only have the Knicks in mind.
lol u are funny.He is definetley is a cancer if the blazers ever did a trade to get him blazer fans would riot as any smart ny fan would do.We are also trading telfair which is our future for basically nothing that is worth it unless u include 2 2007 first round picks.Theo is good when he is healthy which isint very long.

·
Registered
534 Posts
knicksfan said:
Obviously you do only have the Knicks in mind with a trade offer like the one you have proposed. Of course you want to dump Marbury. He's a cancer, and he can't win. Sure, he can post #'s, but that's about it. And I'm sorry that you feel like you have both teams in mind. If you really did have both teams in mind, then you would know how absolutely horrible that trade sounds.

So, get used to seeing Telfair in a Blazers uni for years to come. Because, he ain't goin' nowhere. :nah:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Not as glamourous as the Steph deal, but I would make the following deal:

Theo and Darius

for

Jalen Rose and Malik Rose

This trade rids the Blazers of Miles, while providing some offensive punch at SF (Jalen) and a veteran PF (Malik).

Skinner slides over to back up Joel and Malik will spell Zach. Also adds two Roses for the Garden.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
knicksfan said:
That makes sense. A lot of us like Telfair too. (Although some others are less impressed.)

I'm sure Blazers management would like to get out from under Theo's contract at this point. But what does Marbury make, and for how long? I really doubt Blazers management would be interested in him, considering their priorities at the moment, when you factor in $$, contract length, reputation, and maybe even style (have to ask Nate about that one).

Even though I've been a big Miles supporter in the past, he's pretty much made it impossible to keep him here. So from our standpoint, most of us are not anxious to lose Telfair, but most of us are anxious to lose Miles. The Punisher would be an All Star in New York, I tell ya!!

So with that in mind, and considering I think Lee would be a good pickup for the Blazers, a swap of Miles for Lee and filler is a lot more interesting from this end.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.