Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe the injuries we've had this season. We have went from having one of the best two center combos in the league to no center. We did win the game, but as Roy said it was a bitter sweet win.

Simply looking at his misshapen kneecap as he writhed in pain suggested a serious injury, and sure enough, not long after he was helped off the court and examined by doctors, the team confirmed he suffered a ruptured right patella tendon and dislocated patella. Officially, he's "sidelined indefinitely," which is merely a polite way of saying he's almost certainly done for the year. (Kevin Pelton and Will Carroll of Basketball Prospectus discuss the severity of the injury and how it compares unfavorably to Oden's injury.)

Link

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Blazers might as well wipe this season off and maybe try to get a good draft pick to use or trade for a vet. This is some terrible luck.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
God damn, do I feel bed for Portland. This is just ridiculously horrible luck. When Griffin gets back, the Clippers could look to dangle him in exchange for something like Blake, Outlaw and a future first rounder.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't believe the amount of injuries we've had either. I'm also surprise how well the Blazers have played recently! Beat Dallas without Joel and then Roy sits out the Spur game and we still manage to pull off the win on the road. I know the Spurs have had problems with teams over .500, but come on we are playing without some crucial bench guys, no center, and our best player on the bench. Hope we can keep it up. You'd think eventually it's going to catch up with us. Good thing we have a lot of home games ahead of us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts