Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
The two I found most interesting are ...

"Wind Knocked Out"
Syndrome describing a contraction of the abdominal nerve truck, the solar plexus, as a result of an abdominal contusion.

and ...

Gamekeeper's Thumb
Tear of the ulnar collateral ligament of the metacar-pophalangeal joint of the thumb.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BLAZER PROPHET</b>!
Thanks Shilly- I liked the link. Now we know where Blazer management comes up with the medical reasons for the I.R.
Of course, those are just the "official" medical reasons. I didn't see the "real" reason for most of those "injuries" on the list: "Bruised Ego".

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!

Is that from playing X-Box?
That's what I thought too and why I found it so interesting but I googled it ...

Usually, a fall, some how catching the thumb on the way down. When skiing, the thumb may be injured in a fall, caught in the ski pole loop - referred to as a "ski pole thumb" - the same injury._

When the thumb is pushed sideways_ away from the index finger, the ligament connection between the bones may be torn. Usually, just the ligament is torn, but a small chip of bone may be torn off as well._

Actually, the name "gamekeeper's thumb" is an old expression, referring not to a sudden injury, but to stretching this ligament out over a long time by pushing hard again and again - doing a particular thing that gamekeepers used to do by hand...

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>gambitnut</b>!

That's what I thought too and why I found it so interesting but I googled it ...

Usually, a fall, some how catching the thumb on the way down. When skiing, the thumb may be injured in a fall, caught in the ski pole loop - referred to as a "ski pole thumb" - the same injury._

When the thumb is pushed sideways_ away from the index finger, the ligament connection between the bones may be torn. Usually, just the ligament is torn, but a small chip of bone may be torn off as well._

Actually, the name "gamekeeper's thumb" is an old expression, referring not to a sudden injury, but to stretching this ligament out over a long time by pushing hard again and again - doing a particular thing that gamekeepers used to do by hand...
I had that happen playing basketball once. Reached out to block a pass and the ball bent my thumb way out, trearing the ligament that connects the thumb to the palm.

·
Registered
519 Posts
well i looked

well i looked for

DALEITIS: the inability to leave your home to go to work..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Re: Re: well i looked

Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!

I had that on tuesday and wednesday.
OH WOW is there a cure..do you need to be traded too...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
This one might not still be in there....

Slow and injury-prone:

Actually more of a scouting/medical term that means the behemoth-sized player has ruptured his Achilles' tendon twice and not only cannot run or jump, but also can barely walk.

But he's still the #1 ranked player in Europe right now!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
:confused: i wonder who you could be talking about...:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.