Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blazers miss the playoffs? Won't happen by John Canzano

03/14/04

The fake mustache fell off. The phony accent disappeared. The rebuilding, cleaning house, please-be-patient-with-us-this-might-take-time Trail Blazers were exposed for what they actually are: good enough to make the playoffs.

We have to consider the possibility that the Blazers are being run by a couple of matchstick men.

Lower our expectations? Riiiight. Almost had us, fellas.

Blazers general manager John Nash owns horses -- he sometimes hangs out at the racetrack, for crying out loud.

We should have guessed Nash was just buttering us up with months of slick track talk about the draft lottery and the future when that future was about to gallop past us.

Blazers president Steve Patterson is part of this little scheme, too. Patterson is so smooth he talked his way into the owner's box during this year's Super Bowl. Never mind that Houston's Reliant Stadium is Patterson's baby -- just keep an eye on the guy.
I have to admit that these two guys were a great team to replace Bob Whitsitt. I don't know if the Blazers are going to make the playoffs or not, but I like what I am seeing from this team. Things are falling into place and the past three wins have raised some eyebrows, even mine!

Keep it coming one game at a time and this team is going to be okay!

Oregonlive.com

·
Registered
189 Posts
The last 3 wins are really encouraging, but there's still some more ground to make up....and we lose the tie breaker with both Utah and Denver. I'd love to keep the streak alive though!

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both Minnesota and Sacramento have to be routing against the Blazers to make the playoffs. I don't think that they want any part of Portland in the first round. You could see an upset in the making if Portland makes it in as an 8th seed. :yes:

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Portland is just going to have to keep on winning and let the chip fall where they may. The past week has been fun to watch and the Blazers seem to have a spring in their step, things are looking up for Portland. :yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts