Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Portland Trail Blazers have offered Utah Jazz free agent Paul Millsap a four-year contract worth between $32 million and $36 million, according to league sources.

The offer includes a hefty signing bonus that will make it difficult for Utah to match. The Jazz will be presented with the offer Saturday and have seven days to match because Millsap is a restricted free agent.
Link

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
So, Portland need a better starting SF AND a better starting PG, and they will spend the major part of their free cap with a backup PF?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Anyone think there's a chance that the Blazers still manage to trade for Hinrich?

Travis Outlaw, Jerryd Bayless, Raef LaFrentz (re-signed for 1yr, $2m), rights to Joel Freeland, future draft pick

FOR

Kirk Hinrich

PG: Kirk Hinrich...Steve Blake
SG: Brandon Roy...Nicolas Batum
SF: Rudy Fernandez...Martell Webster...Dante Cunningham
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge...Paul Millsap...Jeff Pendergraph
C: Greg Oden...Joel Przybilla

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, Portland need a better starting SF AND a better starting PG, and they will spend the major part of their free cap with a backup PF?
We really need a banging backup PF and Millsap fits the bill perfectily.

I think our SF will work out especially if Webster is healthy. Plus both Roy and Rudy will probably play sf in brief stants. Even LA might play some.

I do agree we need a PG and I think something is in the works for one.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone think there's a chance that the Blazers still manage to trade for Hinrich?

Travis Outlaw, Jerryd Bayless, Raef LaFrentz (re-signed for 1yr, $2m), rights to Joel Freeland, future draft pick

FOR

Kirk Hinrich

I wouldn't want to give up Bayless and the Blazers don't either and that's why that trade is dead.

·
Super Moderator
17,419 Posts
I thought they signed him to an offer sheet to sort of force the Jazz to take action in trading Boozer, in which the Blazers would get Hinrich.

Either way, this move is win-win. Boozer isn't traded, they get a good player in Millsap and lot more flexibility in their front court down the road. Boozer is traded, Hinrich comes to town.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts

FOR

Kirk Hinrich

That's an awful trade for the Blazers.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
I believe the Jazz matched this.

I really hope the Blazers don't throw a five year deal at LO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts