Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
wastro said:
How the mighty have fallen.

It'd be a shame if the Blazers moved or declared bankruptcy one season removed from the worst in 20+ years.
30+ years you mean.

but don't fret, the team ain't moving. being sold? probably. moved? snowballs chance.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
wastro said:
Thanks for the optimism. 'Rounds these parts, it's in short supply these days.
not optimism per-say. reality.

paranoia has run amok among some fans, and it's clouding their ability to use logic and cognitive skills when it comes to the blazers situation.

for the team to move, the NBA runs the risk of having 2 other teams moving. And the NBA can't afford the black eye that'd make, nor would any court in the land agree that Paul Allen did all he could to fix the situation HE made.

You can't purposely destroy your own market and then try to get out of the deal. There are laws against that (which is why you can't file bankruptcy a dozen times anymore).

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
actually i would say 3 teams seattle portland and sactown let alone the hornets and orlando and a few more.

yeah i think the blazers will be sold

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
deanwoof said:
Doesn't Chicago have the best chances with their own (soon) to be lottery pick and NY's? Or is last place still higher?
we have the highest chance but if a team gets number one we slide to number 2 if a team is picked other than us we slide to 3 the worst we can get is 4th. BUt if we had the 2nd pick and 3 teams picked ahead of the worst team then we would pick 5th and 3rd would equal 6th.

So we have the best chance to get a very good pick even if the worst happens.

·
Banned member
28,451 Posts
Blazerfan024 said:
Whens the last time a #1 Worst team got the #1 pick? I thought I remember hearing that its been a while since its happened, but I could be wrong.
cleveland (altho denver was tied) got the 1st pick

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Wow. That's quite a feat to have the worst record over NY. I didn't think anyone was close enough anymore.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Well done team! If you're going to lose, you might as well be the best at it.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
deanwoof said:
Doesn't Chicago have the best chances with their own (soon) to be lottery pick and NY's? Or is last place still higher?
Well if they could pool the balls from each pick together then they might have a better chance. :)

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
tince but end up with the star pick out of the draft lol now that would be sweet :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.