Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
If your gonna get a NBA game for X-box you should get NBA2K4 (ESPN Basketball). It is the most realistic basketball game there is. If you like more arcade basketball, then go for the others.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a PS2 and I got ESPN basketball witch is awsome:yes: i would take that over the X-Box game also

·
Registered
710 Posts
Get an XBOX. Inside Drive is a good game, but the players are cartooish. ESPN is where it is at. If you like your Basketball kinda arcady, then go for NBA Live.

I own all 3, and ESPN is the most realistic.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I too have ESPN. Awsome. Best hoops game out there in terms of reality.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Todd</b>!
Get an XBOX. Inside Drive is a good game, but the players are cartooish. ESPN is where it is at. If you like your Basketball kinda arcady, then go for NBA Live.

I own all 3, and ESPN is the most realistic.
So is the XBox better then the PS2? For some reason my PS2 is having problems with color (It only plays games in black&white) and I am thinking about replacing it. Would the XBox be a step up or just a lateral step?

Sounds like I need to get the ESPN game! :D

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Get an Xbox and get ESPN basketball. It is good on PS2 but that Xbox looks so much better. After you get done with that game......go buy Halo.

·
Registered
409 Posts
yeah I have an xbox and ps2, and I'd agree the games look a lot better on the xbox. but if you're looking for a bigger selection go with ps2.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>reisedogg</b>!
Get an Xbox and get ESPN basketball. It is good on PS2 but that Xbox looks so much better. After you get done with that game......go buy Halo.
So are the graphics that much better? What makes the Xbox better then the PS2? I mean the XBox is fairly cheap in comparison isn't it? I thought that I saw one at Best Buy for like $99.00 or was it $199.00?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Xbox is 179.99. The graphics are much better than the Playstation. Xbox has 5.1 surround sound, Hard drive, Built in DVD player, and it is already plumbed for online use.

Playstaion has more games, but it has also been out about 2 years longer than the Xbox. Also, the PS2 still has PS1 games in its library because they are backwards compatible. All games are going across all platforms nowdays, save for about 5 titles per console that are only specific to it.

I own all 3, and the Xbox is the best! I like the others, but the Xbox does everything they can, and better!:starwars:

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Todd</b>!
Xbox is 179.99. The graphics are much better than the Playstation. Xbox has 5.1 surround sound, Hard drive, Built in DVD player, and it is already plumbed for online use.

Playstaion has more games, but it has also been out about 2 years longer than the Xbox. Also, the PS2 still has PS1 games in its library because they are backwards compatible. All games are going across all platforms nowdays, save for about 5 titles per console that are only specific to it.

I own all 3, and the Xbox is the best! I like the others, but the Xbox does everything they can, and better!:starwars:
Thanks for the sales pitch! :D

Best Buy here I come! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
ESPN Basketball and Xbox are the only way to go especially if u like to play on line. Xbox Live is the best service u will get (no lag, great game play) IMO :)

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Blazerfan024</b>!
ESPN Basketball and Xbox are the only way to go especially if u like to play on line. Xbox Live is the best service u will get (no lag, great game play) IMO :)
Thanks, I am sold on it now, to bad Christmas is so far off now! :laugh:

I guess my birthday is coming up and maybe I'll lay a hint out there for Mrs. HOWIE. :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Exactly what I bought last month. It's an -ok- deal, but the games are a little lackluster. Would of preferred a racing or NBA game bundled.

Still a good deal. The DVD remote and extra controller make it worth it.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Costco also has a PS2 bundle, that includes the networks adaptor. Howie, buy a new cable for your PS2 that may be the difference. Also [email protected] is also 5.1 digital surround enbled, I can't figure out why people keep hyoping it for the XBox as if the PS2 doesn't have it. There rreally aren't many games on [email protected] wihth the 5.1 I guess is why.

Either system is fine IMO, but I think the XBox itself will be around longer as the PS3 is likely to be out early in 2006, and I have yet to hear plans for a Xbox2.

I don't know, either is great. Like I said before, you'll get a 50.50 response and chances are people will recommend the one they have, so they won't have to admit they bought the worng one...So who knows.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts