Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portland forward Travis Outlaw sustained a stress fracture in his left foot during the first quarter of the Trail Blazers' game against Charlotte on Saturday night.
Watching the replays it looked like it was his right foot, but it's the same injury that kept Webster out all last season so he probably will be out at least 3 months. Glad we have the depth we have.

link

The good news is tonite was the 4th straight win on the road in 5 nites and 6 straight win over all.

GO BLAZERS!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Very sad for Webster - he should definitely change shoes after recovery.

With Outlaw and Batum out, Webs had better step it up or it could get rough. Should also mean plenty of time for Howard.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
With as much as Travis gets bashed . . . this should show whether he has value to the team.

I have always argued he does, but let's see.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wish he was more consistent. He had his good games, but it seem he had more bad games. Now we will see if someone can step up and take his place.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
I just wish he was more consistent. He had his good games, but it seem he had more bad games. Now we will see if someone can step up and take his place.
It will be interstig to see if someone can step up and replace him (doable, not trying to replace Roy or Oden).

I usually support Travis (mainly because fans bash so much), but I'm not on top of the soapbox yelling how great he is. This should be interesting to see how it plays out. I think most posters will realize that Outlaw actually does have some value to this team and does his role well and with no complaints . . . but maybe at the end of the year I realize this team is better off with Outlaw (I almost hope I am right so Outlaw won't be a reason the Blazers didn't advance in the playoffs, if that happens)

I wwonder if I'll ever catch a psoter saying "if we only had Outlaw" . . . what vindication that would be to Outlaw, who is sensitive to fans thoughts about him.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
You know it's funny, I'll be at a game and Outlaw would take a quick outside shot and I'd yell NOOOO, but then he hits it. I don't know if it wouldn't have been better if he missed it, because when he makes them it reinforces bad shots. If he missed maybe he'd take it inside more. He has though become a good outside shooter, especially when he's on, but I guess you could say that about anyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts